“Fine dining at its best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurant Riche

Restaurant Riche
Ranked #81 of 180 Restaurants in Alkmaar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Galatone, Italy
“Fine dining at its best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

During a visit to the beautiful town of Alkmaar, me and my girlfriend asked our pension host for a good place to have dinner, and he suggested this splendid restaurant. I looked it up on Tripadvisor soon after he told me the name, and was amazed not to see any reviews for this place. I would have discovered why later on during dinner time, in fact the restaurant is visited almost entirely by locals (no English menu!) and can accomodate 20, maybe 25 people at its maximum.
The dining area is small and cosy and the atmosphere is extremely charming and relaxed. We were promptly served by a very kind and professional lady who had the patience to translate entirely the Dutch menu for us.
The food is absolutely delicious and well presented, from start to finish. I had an excellent wild smoked salmon salad, while my girlfriend had baked mushrooms with cheese gratin, equally superb. Both main courses were served with a selection of mouthwatering sides, including baked cauliflower with cheese, oven baked potatoes with sour cream, fries, salad and spinach "balls" with half-egg on top. Unfortunately I was too distracted by the food to take any pictures! My main course was an oven grilled rack of lamb, coated with a thin layer of spices and cooked to perfection. The lamb did not taste "gamy" at all, it was great! Same for the ribeye chosen by my girlfriend, tender and delicious.
To finish off our wonderful meal, we shared a delectable hot chocolate cake with homemade vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.
The bill for two starters, two main courses (including the numerous sides), one dessert and two bottles of still water came up to 88 euros in total.
I would definitely recommend enjoying a unique experience by visiting this wonderful restaurant!

• Visited April 2014