Miauw Suites
Clemens Hotel(Amsterdam)
Hotel Pax(Amsterdam)
Hegra Hotel(Amsterdam)
View Hotel
All reviewsblack roomscreaming beansbig windowsliving roomfantastic locationhotel roommaccanalsupermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Let’s get one thing straight – Miauw Suites is not a hotel – there is no concierge or room service and if you need a full service hotel, then don’t stay here. However, if you’re looking for a very central, stylish apartment as a base for a city break, then I’d thoroughly recommend it. The rooms are a little noisy as they overlook a canal street, but the views of the Amsterdam canals are stunning and the interiors very chic and minimalist. I especially liked the wet room bathrooms – small but practical. Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: The white suite is beautiful
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sb1London
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I love Miauw because you know you are in Amsterdam every minute. The room design is unique and small but works. It's very clean and I prefer a Mac to a TV. The White Room has a fantastic view over the bridge and down the Keizersgracht. The Black Room has one wall of window instead of two but is a bit larger with a bigger bathroom and a real closet. Both are lovely as are the women who run the place. Don't expect someone around every minute, but who needs that. You can be in close touch with hotel management if you need to be via email or phone. Love the place, but then I do love Amsterdam!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank PJV1426
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Miauw Suites looked great on the internet but the reality is completely different. This is not actually a hotel as it has no facilities outside of the rooms whatsoever. Having lugged our bags up the steep stairs to the first floor (no elevator) we arrived in the White Room. The temperature was around 90 degrees inside (despite being 70 outside) and there is no air conditioning. We were on our honeymoon and wanted to experience a boutique hotel but this was appalling in every way. We checked out straight away and found alternative accommodation close by that was very good. Miauw Suites has declined to refund any of our costs for the 2 night stay. I understand that we arrived at 3pm on the first day and that it would be unlikely that the room could be sold again but feel that the second night should have been refunded.

Room Tip: Somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mark N
Reviewed 9 September 2011

The TRIPADVISOR reviews were so glowing that I chose Miauw Suites over many other possibilities. Supposedly my husband and I had been upgraded from a room to a suite, but the space didn't seem to be a suite by what I consider a suite. The bed was very comfortable; the room was clean; the young woman Maya who showed us to our room was very helpful and nice; the building was on a canal. But the room/suite was probably not worth the price we paid. Given that there is no lobby or concierge service, we walked a block to the Hotel Pulitzer and used their concierge services. They were very helpful in arranging a day tour to Rotterdam, Madurodam, Delft, a flower market, etc. They also got us taxis once or twice.

Several days after we returned home, I read an article in the New York Times about people getting paid $5 to write positive reviews about hotels or restaurants. I was sad to read that the authenticity of some of the TRIPADVISOR reviews might be compromised.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2011

I rarely write travel reviews but with our stay at Miauw, I just have to.

First off, it's not your typical hotel but that's the reason why we chose this. Secondly, location is fantastic. Third, the rooms are spotless, greatly designed and furnished and well-maintained. Like what others have said, dreamy and airy, bathe in white and subtle colors, with fresh flowers during our entire stay.

We stayed for 4 nights. Two nights at the White Room, 2 nights at the White Suite. The suite is like having your own apartment in AMS, complete with a functioning kitchen, dining and living area, and a serapate bedroom. The bathroom is decent and functional, can't really complain much about it.

Analik, the owner, is a great host!

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple