“Pleasant surpise”
Review of Assaggi

Assaggi
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Assaggi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #824 of 4,223 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$15 - US$59
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Jordaan
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This place gets mixed reviews.
Its genuine italian, with real italians
You need a booking.
we both had Papardelle with wild boar, with a pear and cheese salad and a bottle of Chianti.
Its reasonably expensive, but both the food and the service were good.
Its tucked away, in a side street in the Jordan area, if italian is a must, you will enjoy.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I found the quality of the food not always matching with the prices listed on the menu, maybe our expectations were too high. The prices are just too expensive the Italian staff is very nice except from one of them...
Too poshy for me, but the location in the middle of the Jordaan with view on the Westertoren is beautiful!!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Italian Staff was welcoming, pleasant, authentic and food was solid. The recommended wine was very nice. Prices are acceptable if on upper limit for Amsterdam. All in all we enjoyed it and would return for Pasta & Wine. (They do not serve Pizza)

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I spent a couple of months living in Amsterdam summer of 2013. I lived in a flat on Princengraght and was able to experience many of the delights often only the locals do. Of course, I had my favorites but I feel compelled to write about one very bad experience. I found Assaggi Restaurant on the loveliest little street in the Jordaan. Initially, I went alone to dine and sat at a table in the laneway. The food was actually good but the service was insanely slow. I had time to kill so I drank my wine and passed my time people watching. After waiting over thirty minutes for the check after asking for it I finally went inside to pay.
Two weeks later, my colleagues invited me to dine with them. I found myself back at this restaurant at a table for four inside. The restaurant wasn't full and again the service was incredibly slow. The wait staff couldn't care a less about us and actually seemed annoyed by questions regarding the wine and menu.
When the food arrived and two of the four mains were completely incorrect the waiter suggested it was what we had ordered and blamed us for the mistake?? To add insult,my beautiful pasta had a long dark hair in it. I pointed it out and the surly female manager suggested I put in there!!! She actually called me a liar. We paid our bill and left. Without eating our dinner. I have never felt so abused by someone in business of hospitality.
If you don't care about service and you love to be abused by sour employees then you will indeed enjoy this nasty little enclave. However, when there are so many wonderful places along the same street you can suspend your Amsterdam joy even longer by choosing ANYTHING else!

2  Thank austindanny
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just two of us, got the last table, and this is Italy, Sicilia, in Amsterdam. Happy, sometimes surly but kind and helpful. When the owner and his colleagues are having fun, it means to us that we should enjoy. The food was great, the people watching outstanding, and all in all, they made our evening a good one..