“Crowded and expensive, but great staff”

Hard Rock Cafe Amsterdam
Ranked #298 of 4,181 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$18 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Description: Enjoy the legendary flavors of classic American dining in an energetic, modern setting right on the waterside at Hard Rock Cafe Amsterdam. We're located on Max Euweplein, just a two minute walk from the Leidseplein entertainment area. We're just steps away from the Paradiso live music venue, the Holland Casino, Rijks Museum, Van Gogh Museum, Heineken Experience and plenty of other stellar attractions. Our restaurant is not only the perfect spot to kick off any day or night, but we are also a museum of pop culture with authentic memorabilia from rock 'n' roll legends like Jimi Hendrix, Elvis Presley, and the Rolling Stones.
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great music, but that's what you expect form a Hard Rock cafe. The people that work here are very friendly but the place is often way too full, you don't have enough space to sit. And its expensive, too expensive in my opinion.

Claire S, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hi Marel,

Thanks for sharing your comments with us.
We take all feedback seriously and use it to improve the experience we offer our guests.
Thanks very much for dining with us and I hope you visit us again in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,792)

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Loved the bar area. We had to wait for a table in the restaurant so were advised to take a seat in the bar. The atmosphere was lively; music playing and such lovely bar staff. Talli was wonderful. She chatted away to not just me and my husband but to the people sitting on the bar stools next to us and before long we were all talking to each other. I have been to two other Hard Rocks and usually the bar is in the same room as the restaurant but here it is completely separate and I love it for that reason. We only realised after making a reservation in the restaurant that you can actually eat in the bar area. When I go back again I will definitely choose to stay in the bar. I was devasted when we had to leave the bar to go to our table in the restaurant upstairs. The atmosphere completely changed. Gone was the lively, bubbly staff and instead it was quiet and and lifeless. The food was ok but I didn't think it was great. My husband and I both had the same thing and he enjoyed his meal so it comes down to personal taste.

I will return to Hard Rock in a heartbeat. It will be my first stop after landing back in Amsterdam.

NB If you are using the tram service use the stop Leidseplein for Hard Rock Cafe. You just need to walk back around the corner towards the casino and Hard Rock is just to the right of it.

Hi Original T-Bird,

Thank you so much for a brilliant review. We will give best wishes to Talli from you!
We hope you have enjoyed your stay in Amsterdam! And we are looking forward to having you back again!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

If you want to eat at the Hard Rock in Amsterdam, then a reservation is more than necessary! Having been told that we'd have to wait 3 hours to get in, we opted for another restaurant nearby. Too bad, really.

Hi Reisen,

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments.
Sorry to hear that you weren't able to visit us on the day in question and I hope the long wait on that day doesn't deter you from visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We were visiting Amsterdam and couldn't resist visiting Hard Rock Cafe. The wait on arrival was about an hour so we went to the bar and shared some wonderful cocktails whilst looking at all the canal boat trips along the canal. Great location for a Hard Rock Cafe to watch the world go by with some fabulous music. We were then seated for our meal which was fab and we shared a dessert before heading off to explore the city. We were never rushed and had some fab food, fab cocktails and lots of laughs.

Dear Jacqueline,

It is good to know that you guys have enjoyed your stay even though there was a waiting list.
Thank you for coming and visiting us in Amsterdam!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We got there and they was busy, and the guy on the door gave us his last table, by the window overlooking the canal onto the Blue Boat Company.
We was served by the lovely Marta, who looked after us very well and made sure we was never short of cocktails :)
The drinks as always was amazing and huge.
The food you could not fault, I had the legendary burger and it was cooked to perfection, my hubby had the Texan and he loved it.
Even when it was raining on Friday we popped in for a drink, but this time I had a Irish Kiss...