“Not up to Hard rock high standards”

Hard Rock Cafe Amsterdam
Reserve with
Hard Rock Cafe Amsterdam is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #300 of 3,998 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$18 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Description: Enjoy the legendary flavors of classic American dining in an energetic, modern setting right on the waterside at Hard Rock Cafe Amsterdam. We're located on Max Euweplein, just a two minute walk from the Leidseplein entertainment area. We're just steps away from the Paradiso live music venue, the Holland Casino, Rijks Museum, Van Gogh Museum, Heineken Experience and plenty of other stellar attractions. Our restaurant is not only the perfect spot to kick off any day or night, but we are also a museum of pop culture with authentic memorabilia from rock 'n' roll legends like Jimi Hendrix, Elvis Presley, and the Rolling Stones.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I'm a hardcore hard rock Cafe goer and this branch just didn't tick any boxes for me. The bar felt like any old pub down a back street in London and the food wasn't amazing either. I must add that paying 5 euros for about half a pint of VERY local lager didn't cheer me up either.

1  Thank Allan M
Claire S, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Bigal6660,

Please except my sincere apologies on behalf of all the staff here in Amsterdam. We strive to offer the best quality, scratch made recipes and we appreciate your feedback on the menu quality, pricing and value for money. I will share your perspective with the team and thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention.
We have a full restaurant remodel which will be completed later towards the end of the year. We will have loads more space, an upgraded interior, new bars and a fully refreshed memorabilia display. Certainly an improvement on our present offering!
Please drop me a line if you plan on visiting again and I will make sure we look after you better next time!
Hope to see you back in the beautiful city of Amsterdam one day soon.
Yours sincerely,
Dale.

There are newer reviews for Hard Rock Cafe Amsterdam

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Loved it there! The waiters were lovely , the food was great and the atmosphere was wonderful.
I loved looking at all the guitar and photos they have there. It was really easy to find and there wasn't a wait to be seated. All the cutlery was clean ( so were the plates and glasses) the toilets were quite small but also very clean.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We sat on the square and had a good meal. The wait staff was very good, there was no smoking, which I appreciated and the weather was stunning....we were able to do some shopping while we waited on our meal. All in all it was a good time

1  Thank vickiharris04
Claire S, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Hi Vicki,

Thank you for visiting us and additionally getting back to us with a great review!
We hope you had a great time in Amsterdam!
Best wishes from all our team!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Typical Hard Rock food, warm but not too tasty, so no surprises in that respect. Service was not good, and even less friendly. They were slow, messed up the order, and just had a bad attitude. Maybe it was a bad day, maybe it was a long day, but I don't need that attitude, and I won't go back.

2  Thank SofaKingdom

Hi SofaKingdom,

I am disappointed to read your email regarding your recent visit to the Amsterdam Cafe. . I must assure you that this is not the service level or experience, we try and create for our guests. Please except my sincere apologies on behalf of all the staff here in Amsterdam and let me assure you that we will review how our servers communicate to the guest and respond to their needs.

Yours sincerely,
Dale

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was excited to find this patio after being on a canal cruise 2 years ago. This past Sunday was a beautiful, sunny day! Enjoyed lunch (Cobb salad: very good --> much like any other big chain restaurant) and a few drinks. Great service (Frederica?) and such a fun atmosphere on the canal. Highly recommend on a sunny day!