“Tasty bite at HRC Amsterdam”

Hard Rock Cafe Amsterdam
Ranked #291 of 4,227 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$18 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Description: Enjoy the legendary flavors of classic American dining in an energetic, modern setting right on the waterside at Hard Rock Cafe Amsterdam. We're located on Max Euweplein, just a two minute walk from the Leidseplein entertainment area. We're just steps away from the Paradiso live music venue, the Holland Casino, Rijks Museum, Van Gogh Museum, Heineken Experience and plenty of other stellar attractions. Our restaurant is not only the perfect spot to kick off any day or night, but we are also a museum of pop culture with authentic memorabilia from rock 'n' roll legends like Jimi Hendrix, Elvis Presley, and the Rolling Stones.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Being regular HRC guest in many locations so far, it was a bit strange to note I've actually never tried the Amsterdam branch, especially as I've been there once/twice a year over last 20 years !! maybe as I'm addicted to the meat experience of the Cafe De Klos on Kerkstraat 41.... so last March was a good opportunity to fix that issue, especially after an unusual bad experience in some other HRC branch left me a bit puzzled.... the place is on Max Euweplein square, right aside the Leideplain, the live entertainment area loaded with restaurants, cafe's & clubs, so even in 'full house' situation (as you'll unfortunately meet here & there at HRC locations...) there is decent 'plan B' option near by... If you like to enjoy the place & atmosphere, make a reservation upfront or arrive no later than 22:00 - the place is quite small & croudy, overlooking the canal - I was there 26/3, and by chance it was the first ! day they have renewed their menu so I was lucky to be among the first to take a bite, and what a bite it was.... delicious ! I was relaxed to learn that bad experience last year was indeed local failier only, and that A class steak was a real compensation (-: cheers to the stuff for best service & end alcoholic beverage sum up grate meal, will definately return (-:

Claire S, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Hi Zevik61,

Thank you so much for such an honest review!
We are glad to know that you were among the first ones to try our new menu and you have enjoyed it! Now we will be looking forward to serve you more often! And please accept our apologies for the bad experience in other HRC location!

Best wishes from all our team here in Amsterdam!

Write a ReviewReviews (6,926)

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Myself and my husband went here yesterday for lunch - we had to wait 30 mins for a table which was fine it didn't bother us that bit. However we ordered ( I had pulled pork on the bread bun and the hubby had the combo chicken and ribs) and when our food came the beans were cold, my pulled pork was cold and the husbands ribs were overcooked by quite abit. I didn't complain as I am always weary of what someone may do to my food before they return it to me.
We have been before and few years ago and had a lovely time but not this time :( Wouldn't go again.

1  Thank Vickiwinter
Claire S, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Vickiwinter,

I am very disappointed to read your email regarding your recent visit to the Amsterdam Cafe.
I must assure you that this is not the service level or experience, we try and create for our regular guests. Please except my sincere apologies on behalf of all the staff here in Amsterdam and let me assure you that we will review our staffing par levels to ensure we offer the service the guest deserves.
Thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention.

Your sincerely,
Dale.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

After deceptions on other restaurants this felt so right! Its so good and the view to the canal is nice. In a very good location, recommendable

1  Thank Paula D

Hi Paula,

Thank you very much for such a nice review!
We hope that our team made your stay in Amsterdam better!
Best wishes and we are looking forward to see you in Amsterdam soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We shared the jumbo combo, was delicious. Our seat overlooked the canal and cocktails were fab. Great food, service and music

Hi Swilson1999,

Thank you for a nice review!
We hope you have enjoyed your stay in Amsterdam!
Do not hesitate to visit us soon again!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My boyfriend and I were on holidays in Amsterdam. I'd never been to a HRC before so I thought i'd give it a go since my hubby kept on saying they make the best burgers. It's definitely worth a visit and I wasn't disappointed at all. I loved the food so much that we went there 3 times during our stay in Amsterdam. The staff is always friendly. A special shout out to Gabor who served us and looked after us very well :)