“Loved IT”

The Blue Sheep Bed & Breakfast Amsterdam
Ranked #96 of 338 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 August 2012

It was fabulous. Enjoyed a week with friends. The owners were very accommodating. We stayed in their apartment. I loved the stairs. Every time we left and came back I smiled all the way up and down the stairs. I left my favorite shoes and they mailed them back to me in Florida. I loved everything about Amsterdam with definitly includes The Blue Sheep. If I have another opportunity to go to Amsterdam this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 August 2012

Everyone has their own preference when choosing a place to stay. I prefer the personal B&B touch to being just one of the crowd in a big hotel. This for me was the ultimate b&b experience. Will & Novella went to great lengths to ensure I felt part of the family during my stay. It really feels like a home from home, and they make every effort to accommodate all requests. It is not so common nowadays to have rooms that don't have en-suite facilities, but this is made clear on their website, and as there is only one other guest room did not present a problem - especially with such a great shower!

A lot of effort has gone into giving the guest rooms a homely feel, and it adds to the experience staying in a house with such history, but which has been updated to include modern conveniences without detracting from the original feel.

I would recommend the Blue Sheep to anyone looking for B&B accommodation in Amsterdam. The central location cannot be bettered, yet it is on a traffic- free street which is so quiet and peaceful. I did not think that this would be possible for a place in the middle of such a vibrant city.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I stayed here with a friend for 3 nights. After a trip that took way to long, we were welcomed by Jan Willem with a glass of wine. Although clean and comfortable it wasn't the best room we ever stayed in but this was more than made up for by the owners who turned their house into ours with their hospitality. Best location you can think of. Best breakfast too for that matter. Thanks to Edgar. We will be back

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Jan and Novella are very friendly and they helped a lot during my stay in Amsterdam. The breakfast they provided outside was also very good and we enjoyed the food very much. Blue sheep's location is very close to the central station and a lot of tourist resort. I changed my hotel booking from Ibis Amsterdam to Blue sheep since I want to have the experience to stay in the Amsterdam's old building and Blue sheep did provide me this experience. Great!

Room Tip: The 3rd floor's NY suit is very modern, fashion design with many windows which will give you an...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2012

My wife and I stayed in Amsterdam for 4 days after a cruise in May 2012. We found this beautiful property by the canals, centrally located. Walked everywhere. Jan and Novella (Yes, we were on first name basis immediately) made us feel at home. Whatever info we needed they were there. My wife has told me that when we come back to Amsterdam this will be the place for us.
Highly recommended. One caveat, and their site mentions it. This is probably a two century old building, and the stairs are tight. Just so you know. We did not have any problems.

Santiago & Margie

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2012

close to the center, beautiful and peaceful B&B to stay, i'v been here with my housemates almost 1 year ago, it's really hard to find a good place CLEAN!! and close to the center in amsterdam. usually the hostel and hotels 1/2and even 3 stars are really dirty and "unfriendly" due the huge number o of people visiting the capital, so if you wanna enjoy the city but at the same time don't be stock with the mass i suggest you this. the B&B have rooms and also apartment for 4/6 people, the manager is friendly and helpfully!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I was so pleasantly surprised when I found the Blue Sheep after getting bumped off a flight and needing to stay an extra night in AMS. Jan and Novella are great hosts, the 'hotel' has a great family B&B feel and the bed was super comfortable (blue room). Also, the shower was the best I've ever had at a European hotel. My only disappointment was that I had to leave before breakfast to catch my flight the next day. Highly recommend the Blue Sheep.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family