The Blue Sheep Bed & Breakfast Amsterdam
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Citadel(Amsterdam)
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Excellent location, short walk to Train Station, canal boats, many resaurants (all levels) in the area. Delightful, helpful staff, delicious breakfast, interesting lodgers, and interesting owners. What a wonderful addition to a wonderful city.

Room Tip: Green room is up 2 floors. Very narrow winding staircase, but the staff take your luggage upstairs. Coffee in room, Fan. Shared bathroom is on bottom floor. Delightful place to stay.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My daughter and I stayed in the Green Room, and I must say the Blue Sheep was one of the highlights of our vacation in Europe. We loved Amsterdam, and from the Blue Sheep we were able to walk almost anywhere.

Novella, Jan and Eddie (their housekeeper) were delightful hosts. They were friendly and helpful, and made tasty breakfasts. Even my daughter (not a breakfast eater) ate breakfast! The house was clean and quiet. I had one short wait for the bathroom, otherwise, the shared bathroom was not a problem. The steps would be a problem with anyone with mobility issues. If I were to book our trip again, I would allow for more time in Amsterdam, and would stay at the Blue Sheep.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2012

With the heart of Amsterdam within walking distance, The Blue Sheep offers the perfect stay for your visit. Stay with this wonderful family and their two welcoming dogs, enjoy an amazing breakfast and get suggestions on what to do and what to see during your trip to Amsterdam. Meet interesting people at the breakfast table and relax in the privacy of each room. Novella is an amazing hostess, and along with her husband and daughter, she welcomes you with arms wide open.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I often had to go to amsterdam on business, and I love the city, but business accomodation is often a little soulless. Not any more! Novella & Willem provide surroundings of real beauty and hospitality of great care and warmth. I hope to stay there every time now.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rudy D
Reviewed 12 August 2012

It was fabulous. Enjoyed a week with friends. The owners were very accommodating. We stayed in their apartment. I loved the stairs. Every time we left and came back I smiled all the way up and down the stairs. I left my favorite shoes and they mailed them back to me in Florida. I loved everything about Amsterdam with definitly includes The Blue Sheep. If I have another opportunity to go to Amsterdam this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends