“Very very good good!”

Ranked #364 of 4,096 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$13 - US$19
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Inspired by the japanese noodle bars, in 1993 wagamama introduced these pan-asian dishes. No reservation needed. Just walk in and take a seat at the long tables. Enjoy the wagamama experience!
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I loved it there,was little busy but service was fast and friendly. Portions were pretty big so for me the price and quality is very oke. Loved it!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Not been to a Wagamama's before but my partner had (in UK) and it was her recommendation we went. It was just opening when we arrived so very quiet. Staff were very friendly and attentive. Food was quite good, as previously mentioned the chefs don't look all that enthused and unfortunately they face the seating area. Not ideal for them either really.
All said food was really nice and good value, the real bonus was although not advertised there is a early bird deal so the cheapest meal was free. Overall this was a really cheap visit.
Not on the beaten track but near the Zuid station. Easy to get to by bike from most locations.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Wagamama is a restaurant network with a nice and informal ambiance. Good if you like japanese food. Prices are not expensive.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I had the pleasure of eating at Wagamama in England over a decade ago and was pleasantly surprised to run into a location in Amsterdam. As we had just gotten off the plane, it felt safe to patronize a familiar establishment and noodles appeal to the entire family. We ordered four dishes for five diners, including one of Wagamama's most popular dishes, Pad Thai. When it arrived at our table, it looked tasty but scarce. After splitting it among the five of us and then tasting it, I realized no noodles had been added to the dish and that we were munching on bean sprouts and a few cubes of tofu. When we mentioned this to the staff, they seemed not to believe us as "it had never happened before." Well, close to 15 euros is a lot to spend for bean sprouts. The manager then returned with some plain rice noodles, ostensibly the ones that were missing from our dish. As the bean sprouts and tofu had already been served, this felt a little lame. What were we to to with plain rice noodles? I am not sure why they just couldn't give us a new order; it's not as though noodles are a high priced item and we didn't exactly get what we had ordered! The manager did check in to see if everything was OK. Though it really wasn't, I did not want to complain further.

When I went to pay the bill, the cashier asked me how my meal was. I responded that it was "just OK." She asked why and I explained. She then profusely apologized and gave me coupons for a free second entree should I choose to return. I appreciate her sympathy and quick response and may possibly go back as my children did find their noodle dishes tasty. Kudos to this woman for taking control of this situation. (By the way, we really liked our server who was very friendly).

Warning: The cost of "still water" is the same as a bottle of beer! I had no idea that we had to pay for what seemed like tap water. Not sure if there's an option to get "free" water at this restaurant.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Typical of the Wagamama brand, the food is excellent and the staff are great. Found it very disappointing that the prices are 50% dearer than the same dishes in Edinburgh branch and the portion sizes for the Kare Lomen not as large.

1  Thank Shirleydoll S