“Wonderful food, wonderful evening”
Review of Garlic Queen

Garlic Queen
Ranked #863 of 4,190 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed 30 May 2010

We first went to the Garlic Queen in 2000 and returned in May 2010 and were not disappointed.

As we knew the restaurant is fairly small, this time we booked in advance via e-mail. Service was welcoming and the atmosphere great. Food was again oustanding (don't be put off by the garlic in the menu, a lot of the time it's roasted and therefore very mellow). The garlic ice-cream is still brilliant and the new Garlic and Orange liqueur aperitif has to be tried.

Will definitely go back - I don't understand why this is rated so low on TA.

2  Thank RichardMS

Reviewed 4 August 2009

Yum....it was great, I thought it would be kind of odd but I loved it....it was delicious and the service was excellent!!! I wish I was in Amsterdam longer!!!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 7 March 2009

Amazing beef stew.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 12 June 2008

no you won't stink...no worries...

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 26 May 2008

We ate at the Garic Queen on May 7th, 2008. The meal was the best we have had in many trips to Amsterdam. I ordered the special 3-course menu which was a fantastic garlic soup, perfectly cooked veal and wonderful creme brulee. My friend had the garlic baker , the gamba's and the chocolate dessert and all were terrific.

The service was very good and we enjoyed the quaint atmosphere. We will definitely return the next time we are in Amsterdam.