“Table for 15 no problem!”
Review of Puri Mas

Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Reviewed 8 March 2014

A group of 15 of us went to Puri Mass without a booking and they were happy to help. We had a long table with a banquette on one side. It wasn't that busy but there was a pleasant atmosphere and the staff were friendly, they explained the two menus on offer and worked really hard to get all the meals to the table, which included many set menus and Rijkstafel (all with lots of dishes). They took time to explain each dish to the customer. I had a fried noodle dish with prawns, chicken satay, vegetables and red chillies, which was really good. I think quite a few people hadn't realised how spicy the dishes could be, even those with no mention of spice in the description. We enjoyed our meal and would recommend it.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Had dinner here last week with my parents who have lived a long time in SE Asia. They had the Rijkstafel and I had the Satay mix. Food was great and authentic. We had a great time and the service was very attentive and friendly. The prices were very decent and we did not go home hungry. We will return to this Indonesian restaurant.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

It was a Sunday evening in January. We'd gone to Blauw but couldn't get in without a reservation so we got the tram back into the centre & decided on this restaurant, which we'd seen before.

We've lived in NL a couple of times & love Indonesian food. I had the cheapest rijstaffel at about €20 but asked for the veggie variation, with fish. It was delicious & just the right quantity for me. Lots of different dishes (obviously) and all very tasty. My wife had the veggie nasi rames which she also thought was very good. It certainly looked very tasty.

I would agree that the food isn't particularly spicy but you can easily add some sambal.

Staff were very pleasant. Nice place, with real tablecloths & napkins.

Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I've been coming here for over 15 years and it has not changed a bit. Excellent food and lovely service, I so much look forward to bringing colleagues here for dinner, it becomes their favourite as well. Very reasonable prices, roughly 25-30 euro per person for the family style dinner, a sampling of various dishes.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Having lived in Indonesia, I was expecting to be disappointed but actually the food lived up to expectations and tasted reasonably authentic. A good test is the gado-gado and here it was not bad at all, reminding me of many I have had in Java. If there was a minor regret, it was that the food was not quite as hot and spicy as I would have liked but I guess that they have to cater for Western palates. The service was great - very friendly. The interior was a bit tired but it was very nice to have a table over-looking the street. Overall, a good meal.