“Sweet”

Chocolaterie Pompadour
Ranked #11 of 106 Dessert in Amsterdam
Price range: US$6 - US$8
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
London, United Kingdom
“Sweet”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A nice and classic chocolatier and pastry place with good coffee. Staff is mature and fits perfectly in the classic shop. Friendly service makes you wonder if you are in the busy part of town or not. Nust visit place

• Korean first
  • Polish first
“Possibly the best cakes ever!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This small but lovely cafe sells the most delicious cakes and chocolates. The lemon tart is to die for. It's not cheap but definitely worth the treat. They also have a lunch room on Kerkstraat for great savoury sandwiches.

Visited April 2014
New York City, New York
“Let The Aroma Pull You In and The food Keep You In”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I love Pompadour - I always stop by here when I am in Amsterdam - for lunch, for coffee and a sweet treat, or just to lust after the del ices in the display case up front.

Grab the tiny table out front if you can and watch the crowds pass by - it's a fun corner to sit on with lots of passersby to look at and dream up stories about.

And the food will not disappoint. Excellent sandwiches and filling soups. And did I mention the Sweets?!

1 Thank William B
Byron Center, Michigan
“Let us eat Chocolate”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stopped there for the chocolate that came recommended from a family friend. Bought handmade chocolate to take with us! Delicious. Many varieties of handmade chocolate. Dark, Milk, White. Worth the Price.

Malmesbury, United Kingdom
“Fine patisserie with chocolate delights”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We shared a slice of chocolate mousse cake - it was creamy and delicious with a huge curl of solid chocolate decoration. My wife had tea (she was offered a bowl with a wide selection of tea bags to choose from) while I had hot chocolate (something told me that I should have that rather than my usual coffee).

The hot chocolate at Chocolate Patisserie Tearoom Pompadour is exquisite. I was so taking with it that I asked if I could buy whatever it was they made it with. One of the very helpful staff showed my a cardboard carton of Valrhona liquid chocolate - wow! - but I ended up buying a box of Valrhona cocoa. Mix that up with hot milk and a little sugar and you get one delightful cup of hot chocolate.

Our drinks were each accompanied by a scrumptious, fresh mini financier cake. Great touch and they are available to buy separately.

A great place to visit, though it is small and popular - I recommended queueing a while if necessary.

• Visited April 2014