XO Hotels Blue Square
US$348
US$314
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Sir Albert Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$194
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$556
US$447
  • Pool
2,077 results
All reviewscity centrecontiki tournumber busmin tram ridetrams and busesnice hotelpublic transporttravel cardbuffet breakfastresidential areanice staytwo single bedswould stay againclose to the hotelbooked this hotelshort breakcentral station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Lovely hotel. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous, clearly someone has invested alot into this property. From the outside it looks like a dingy, giant blue block, but the inside is comfortably decorated in a modern contemporary style. The Beds were very comfortable and the cozy rooms were nicely furnished with everything a traveler can expect in a short term stay hotel. I was traveling with a friend, and it was nice that the two single beds were separated by a small privacy wall.

The location is great. Its not nearly downtown, but it is in a nice quiet area and the Tram stops right in front, and it is very easy to navigate the city.

We had a great, enjoyable stay and I will definitely be returning on my next trip to Amsterdam!

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 3 April 2011

Stayed 3 days in this hotel recently and it was great. The staff were friendly and the room was comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was also good.

Was taking taxi to and from center and that costs ca 20euro each way. You can take the tram if you dont mind and that costs only 2euro each way and public transportation tickets can be bought at the reception. I also read somewhere that you can rent bicycle there or nearby which I will be doing in my next stay here.

When I was checking out and had like 6-7hrs before my flight went I asked them to store my luggage in the hotel meanwhile, although I was no longer a guest staying there this was no problem and was sorted swiftly.

Going out one night I asked a reception guy or hotel manager or whatever standing near the reception desk where I could find different places and upon returning to the hotel again he was greeting me at the door, I was so stoned coming back I dident hear him at first so he stopped me at the door asking me if I found these places I was looking for and was extremely helpful and positive.

Overall one of the best hotels Ive stayed in. Great, helpful and serviceminded staff with great and affordable rooms that has nice bathroom and very comfy beds, tea/coffee making in room and also controlable aircon thing in room you can configure as much as you want.

Im going back to Amsterdam in little over a month again, although last time I was there was my first time in Amsterdam I will still most likely be going back to the excact same spot again over any other because I know this one is great, its nice comfy and has affordable price.

Thank you for giving me a great stay at your hotel and a positive expirience.

Best regards! Until next time.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Finn
1  Thank Kristoffer P
Reviewed 19 March 2011

I would certainly recommend the hotel. Good sized rooms that were well cleaned daily. Very comfortable bed and extra chairs in the room. Little short on hanging space if you are there for a longer period (we were struggling at 4 nights) but other storage available. The location was a concern but it turned out fine. We got a Connexion transfer from the airport (book a return - great value at 50 Euro for 2) and getting into the centre of Amsterdam or any of the other districts is very easy using the excellent tram system. Do not let location put you off. We had breakfast in the hotel (included in price) and it was a reasonable spread although not extensive. It was replenished regularly right up till the last time of admittance. Hotel staff very helpful with sights and directions and even provided some money off vouchers for some of the attractions we visited.

1  Thank MarkBStAlbans
Reviewed 15 March 2011

We originally booked another hotel but changed to this one, the service we received was excellent. The room was comfortable and clean. One of the best hotel beds we have ever slept in!!!!
Breakfast was of excellent choice and quality.
Staff were more than helpful and friendly Would definately stay here again.

Reviewed 14 March 2011

A quick review, but a superb hotel! Everything we needed was catered for and a great base for visiting all of Amsterdam's attractions! I will be booking this hotel again the next time I visit!