“Definitely for the seafood lover”
Review of Campo Di Fiori

Campo Di Fiori
Reserve with
Campo Di Fiori is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #385 of 4,134 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$24 - US$47
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Went on chance while looking for a seafood restaurant. Very welcoming, efficient staff and food was excellent. Nice relaxed atmosphere. Food freshly made and to a very good standard. When checked later on Trip Advisor was amazed that it only ranked at number 81 in Amsterdam. Was so taken by our initial experience we returned the following night

Reviewed 2 August 2011

Le pecheur offers an all fish menu, except for one item of steak on the menu. Euro 40 for a 4 course menu is a good deal. The wine list is broad and offers a wide range of prices. We had a starter of Dutch maatjes, a fish soup or a lobster bisque, a main course of monkfish served with red peppers and a side salad, a huge piece of tarte tatin and ice cream. The restaurant is on a busy street full of restaurants, it is reasonably quiet, the musical background is not too overwhelming. Dinner in the garden is possible on warm days.

1  Thank fgrandjean
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Le Pecheur (the fisher) is located in the former coach-house of a 17th century house at Amsterdam. We visited the restaurant several times and we never disppaointed. In summer dining outside in the beautiful garden, a nice quiet place in a busy town. Everything is well cared for, white linen on the tables, good service. But above all: fresh fish, perfectly cooked, reasonable prices. If you visit Amsterdam and you like fish, visit this place!

Reviewed 19 June 2011

My last night in Amsterdam I just decided to go all out. This place was recommended by other people and my hotel. So my wonderful hotel made the reservation for me and when I got there, I could see why it was highly recommended. Classy atmosphere, minus their plastic bulb candles on each table; kind of tacky!?
My meal consisted of a delicious smoked salmon and greens appetizer and a couple glasses of expensive wine (decent wine list), but it was the main coarse that really got me. I ordered their special of the day, which was Monkfish with a kind of creamy red sauce. All I can say is, that was the best fish meal I've had in a long time. The fish was cooked so perfectly, it was like butter and just melted in my mouth and the sause was so good I used the bread to sop up any leftovers. lol. Then I had a velvety Cream Brulee for dessert as the topper of an overall great meal.
This restaurant is located on the street before the Flower Market off of Herengracht. Also, they take major credit cards. So if you feel like splurging at a wonderful French style fish restaurant, then this is the place to go.

1  Thank ScumdogLuvsTraveling
Reviewed 23 May 2011

Smart fish restaurant serving excellent fish dishes. Not cheap but worth it - go for the 40 Euro 4 course menu.
Service a little slow when the restaurant was full