Tulipa Bed & Breakfast
  • Breakfast included
Marnix Hotel(Amsterdam)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsb bcanal view roomfriendly hostsevery morningeverything you could possibly needmassive bedgreat transport linkshome away from homefantastic staynespresso machinerooms are largefamily roomcomfortable bedsshort walkgreat roomvan gogh museumlocation is excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Tulipa is very conveniently located in Amsterdam. The owner Paula is very nice, kind and welcoming. She met us the first day, with maps and recommendations as well as a warm smile. we stayed in the family apartment with a kitchen and 2 large rooms and it was very comfortable. The breakfast was nice as well but I'd rather try Greenwoods for the second day. We'd recommend Tulipa for its location and welcoming atmosphere. I am not sure whether it is possible to find an equivalent with a more affordable rate, but you can try. If you decide on Tulipa though, you will not be sorry, it is a good choice.

Room Tip: ask for one with a view, ours had none, it was a bit depressive
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bade t
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My husband and I very much enjoyed our 3 night stay at Tulipa in Sept. Paula and Jan were such gracious hosts! Jan provided a map and an overview of the city, directed us to a wonderful neighborhood restaurant- and patiently made some phone calls to help us straighten out our troublesome international phone service ! We enjoyed a hearty and delicious breakfast each morning, and particularly enjoyed complimentary Heineken Beers overlooking the canal on our little balcony shortly after arrival! The accommodations were perfect, with a spacious modern bath and very comfortable bed. The location is ideal. Quiet, but a very short and pleasant walk to Leidseplein and tram stops. We highly recommend Tulipa and hope to return sometime soon. Amsterdam is such a beautiful city.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TrishJ33
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed in the huge 2 story suite with terrace. As soon as we arrived at 10:00 AM from airport we were given a great map with 3 restaurant recommendations( all fabulous) and great things to see. In particular, Paul's recommended a windmill on the outskirts of town with microbrews. Wonderful. All suitcases were in our room, before we even noticed. Amazing breakfasts and great experience. Thanks Paula.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Soon as we walked in we were greeted by paula who is great and was getting praised at the time be a guest who was leaving (so that was a great start) place is beautiful, we had the garden view suite which was amazing, bed was the best I've ever stayed in and the bathroom and bath was great! Paula went out of her way to help all guest with questions etc. I would highly recommend this place to anyone and we are looking at booking it again for this summer.

P.s if you read this paula,many thanks for my birthday gift! X

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chelsea88b
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Booked our room (suite with a canal view) with Bookings for the first three days of a long trip through the Netherlands and Belgium. I do have mobility issues and my husband is in great shape. Yes, it is a canal house and the 25 steps to the room were difficult, especially the last 10, but I coped. I thought that the room I booked was not the one with the very steep, narrow steps to the bathroom...I thought I booked the room on the lower level. That being said, it still was a terrific experience and would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this B & B. We called Paula from the airport and took the bus to the Tulipa...no problem....We were blown away by the size and beauty of the room on the canal. It was incredibly comfortable to have a large couch, comfy chair, round table with chairs, large armoire for clothing storage...and the wonderful nespresso machine...everything was spotless, nicely decorated in whites...and that view....Moreoever, Jan, Paula's husband, was so accommodating with getting our very large, heavy suitcases up those steps. Paula and Jan are very nice, informative and the best kind of B & B owners who are very proud of their establishment. The location is fantastic for visiting the Theater District which it is really in and closeby are the Rijks and Van Gogh Museums... it is easy to get the tram if you want to, but we are walkers and enjoyed the nearby cafes and restaurants...and all of those beautiful canals to walk along. We used recommendations from Trip Advisor and will review the fantastic restaurants we loved ....as for Paula's breakfasts...they were varied, delicious....with fruit salad, yoghurt, breads, hot coffee...and always a special hot meal of pancakes or eggs cooked to perfection. You CANNOT go wrong here....I am so happy to have stayed in a charming authentic canal house with wonderful hosts....

Room Tip: Lower Canal view room if you have mobility issues....
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple