“Guided Tour for Technicians”

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Darmstadt, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Guided Tour for Technicians”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

We had a great time with our fantastic tour guide Lee. She adapted the tour to our interests, knew a lot of funny and interesting details and her English was very good to understand all of us, as we are from Germany. Thanks to Lee for having so much fun with us.

Visited July 2014

• Turkish first
shropshire
“Onno knows his stuff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon spent wandering around the city with Onno. He was an excellent guide - very engaging and authoritative. The three hours flew by and I learned far more than I would have through guide books. Would highly recommend the tour, and Onno, to anyone wanting to learn more about a really lovely city

Visited August 2014
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Enjoyable ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed our red light district tour with Onno. Onno made the tour interesting fun and informative but not seedy as some might be worried about. We saw a couple of places we wouldn't face seen other wise and learned some old Amsterdam history along the way. The walking yours are definitely a good way to explore the city in the first day or two of your visit!

Melbourne, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great way to get familiar with the city!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

I would highly recommend the Sandeman free walking tours in Amsterdam. I took the City tour with Julian and he made it so interesting that I went back and took the Bike and Red Light District tours as well. Amsterdam is an amazing city, even in the rain, and Julian’s enthusiasm for it was obvious. It’s also an expensive city, but Julian let us know where to go to eat and drink on a backpacker budget. The money I saved with that information more than covered his tips. After the bike tour, I ended up renting one of my own. Everybody rides bikes there and it’s really the best way to get around. Just be careful if you cross the tram tracks on one. My front wheel slipped down into one of slots and the next thing I knew, I was tumbling across the road. I was banged up a bit, but no damage to the bike. Those things are built like tanks. But I digress. The tours only last a couple of hours and are much more interesting than a guidebook, so take a tour or two, you’ll have a great time. Just don’t forget your rain gear and don't forget to tip your guide.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Ted K
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fab tours ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

We went on two tours. The red light district with Onno and the free tour with Kor. Both tours were excellent and the guides informative and entertaining. We always try to go on Sandemans tours after going on our first one in Berlin. Fantastic way to spend a few hours in Amsterdam. Thank you to two excellent guides.