Alp Hotel Amsterdam
US$227
NH Hotels
US$181
US$157
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$311
US$289
NH Hotels
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$79
US$378
US$239
US$262
US$247
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$83
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$156
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsno lifttram stopon arrivalspa bathfree hot drinksear plugs were providedsmall twin roomsteep stairswelcome drinkoffered a complimentary drinknice balconydam squaretop floorsmall hotelfirst floorcentral stationyogurt
Reviewed 1 October 2013

had a great stay at this hotel. a bit further out from the centre but tram stop right outside the hotel. hotel staff very very friendly and helpful. all tea and coffee included which is a great touch. our room was very small but suitable enough as we were not spending much time in it. clean, had shower and TV all that was needed. only real problem with this hotel is the steep stairs. was out of breath very time walking up them, but this is no fault of the hotel. would definitely stay there again and recommend to friends

Room Tip: maybe the rooms with the balconies are a bit bigger
Reviewed 26 September 2013

When I booked this hotel, I did not know what to expect, because of the price, but I made the reservations anyways because most of the hotels I wanted were fully booked. When we arrived, we were greeted with a smile and he was very helpful. He checked us in, made us comfortable, took our luggage to our room and offered us free drinks as a welcome. He told us that breakfast was from 7-10 AM. Our room was simple and clean and comfortable, and as picky as I am the bathroom was also clean and something I can do for our 5 day stay. It is centrally located and walking distance to most attractions. The next morning, we woke up and went down just to find out that we were 45 minutes late for the breakfast, so we just got our cups of coffee and to our surprise, the guy asked us if we wanted breakfast. I was so embarrassed to say "yes", so I just looked at him and smiled. After all, we were late coming down. To our surprise, he got the whole trays from the kitchen and put everything like it was and so as if we never missed anything! Except for the steep stairs, which I believe is norm is Amsterdam, everything was great. We enjoyed our stay and after a hard day of walking and enjoying Amsterdam, we go home to this humble place and I feel safe. Everyone was great and made us feel at home. If ever we will go back to Amsterdam, I don't mind going back to this place! Thanks everyone for such a lovely stay!

Room Tip: Try to get a back room so it is quiet. Also, get a 2-3 beds so your room is bigger. Ours was.
1  Thank GingCrab3
Reviewed 13 September 2013

To begin, I'd like to say that this hotel would not be the same if not for the staff. Everyone welcomed us with a genuine smile, helpful hand and eagerness to help. Alp hotel is family owned and operated and it shows with all they try do for their guests. When we arrived we were immediately offered coffee/tea/water/fruits. We arrived late and a person at the front desk offered numerous restaurants that were still open. They were also helpful with directions and really knowledgeable about most of the city's points of interest. Only 10 minutes walking distance to Westerkerk and Anne Franks House + another 5 minutes to Dam Square from there.
The rooms were although simple but large enough and nicely decorated with a personal touch (apple and a piece of chocolate on the  pillow every morning).
TV, plumbing, and a fan worked fine; however, Wi-Fi was spotty, which was probably the only downside.
Also, I really have to mention this: BRACE YOURSELVES for a very steep climb up the stairs, especially if you are on the last 5th floor. There is no elevator. I was out of breath by floor #4 without bags.
Overall, nice stay! Definitely recommend!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Delighted by my stay in this hotel located in a quiet area, I'll go back for sure on my next trip to Amsterdam! Very clean rooms and hotel in general, excellent and varied breakfast, wonderful welcome by a helpful and competent staff! Rear rooms have a balcony furnished with table and chairs, there is also a rear courtyard on the ground floor where you can have breakfast or a drink (coffee or tea offered on arrival). There is no lift but the staff is ready to help going up and down the luggage (there is a safe luggage room too)! Definitely a place to recommend!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Very helpful staff , good location , good breakfast loved the spa bath ( don't use too much bubble bath though ) generally a good value hotel, we really enjoyed our stay - can also recommend Mike Bikes tours of the city !

• Stayed: May 2013