“Would like to hire a bike again next time”

Yellow Bike Tours & Rental
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Since 1990 is Yellow Bike Amsterdam's first and original company for guided bike tours and bicycle rental. Our team of friendly and knowledgeable guides look forward to welcoming you to the real Amsterdam ride. Let them show you all the highlights and beauty of one of the world's greatest cities. Amsterdam.. we know it, we show it!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 6 April 2014

One has to give a deposit of 50euros per person and an ID to hire a bike from here. We gave our ID and our credit card as we didn't have that much cash on us. Faithful staff. Located in the city centre. Reasonable rates. But the bike seats are a bit hard which will hurt your bums after cycling for a while!:P

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The tour was very interesting and enabled me to rapidly see much of Amsterdam that isn't quite city center.

The tour is about 3.5 hours and stops by most of the the major attractions as well as Amsterdam's largest park, where there is a drink/bathroom break. Maximum 12 people on the tour which is nice, unfortunately my tour, their were a couple of people who clearly have only rode a bicycle a few times and really slowed the pace down.

Tour guide was very informative but only if you asked specific questions. Otherwise pretty much told you what the attraction was, but not extra information about it. The price is a-little steep for what is essentially a bike stroll around the city. It would be much better if they let you hold on to the bike for a few more hours so you could return to areas you were more interested in.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

If you go to Amsterdam and dont ride a bike is like go to Rome and dont see the pope.
At the beggining the traffic looks a little confused but when you enter the spirit of it it turns in a real great experience

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We hired the bikes and had a great time cycling round Amsterdam. It was €14 for the 2 biked for 2 hours as we took the optional insurance for theft. Well worth it although they do come with locks.
We seen some more of the city because we had the bikes including Vondelpark.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Went on the "city tour" which culminated in a foray through the red light district where I saw rather more than I would liked to on Blood Street.

Picked up some more welcome sights along the way and enjoyed the guide's introductions of such.

It's not expensive and it was so much fun that I went on the country tour the following day. This was a nice way to see a bit more than just the city and get some exercise (4 hrs riding).

I've been on quite a number of such tours around the world and I'd say these Yellow Bike tours were as good as I have experienced anywhere...but the bikes themselves are not fun even though they are well maintained. To be fair, they are pretty much the standard style of bike in Amsterdam.

At the shop, I encounted another customer dealing with the prickly issue of his rented bike having been stolen. I thought Yellow Bike handled it all with charm, even-handedness and even generosity. That's nice to see.

We had one or two chumps on one of our tours who behaved as though no one else existed in Amsterdam. Predictably this resulted in some hostility from locals who seem to ride fast everywhere. If you do go on the tour, you'll probably have more fun if you ride considerately.

1  Thank silkroadworker