“Amsterdam's Finest”

Ranked #19 of 107 Dessert in Amsterdam
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Reviewed 2 April 2014

It's sounds like I'm over exaggerating but trust me when I say they have the best cakes and pies I've come across yet. I'm from America and they do it better at this place. It's a little crowded sometime but that also offers it's own unique atmosphere. And the sandwiches...

1  Thank Timothy R

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have never had service as rude as this in my life!
Me and three other girls walked past, the place looked really cute and the cakes looked tasty. However we received nothing but rude service and the food was mediocre at best. Flavor was lacking and the apple pie my friend ordered was dry and served cold.
When asking for the bill on the way to the toilet we were told we could pay downstairs, with lashings of attitude at the mere notion of receiving a bill at the table.
When we came down to pay we were told that not only could we not pay by card but that we could also not pay individually as we would use all her small change despite the fact they were closing and we were her last customers.
She condescendingly explained to us that we needed to pay together and that we would just have to deal with it amongst ourselves.
It was overpriced and the waitresses were unpleasant and unwelcoming. Avoid this place unless you like being treated like scum.

2  Thank mirandaglass
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Good place for a late brunch or just a delicious slice of cake. My favorite is the red velvet cake! Portions are very generous and the frosting is amazingly good. Service has been consistently great since we discovered the place.

Keep in mind that the place is rather small and gets easily packed. In case you're left without a seat and you still want a slice of cake, go around the corner next door. You'll find the bakery and you can buy some take away goodies from there.

1  Thank amsterdani
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I always go to this cafe when I visit Dam and it is consistently good. The salad you get with your sandwich is lovely. I will continue to go back.

1  Thank niniboo
Reviewed 26 February 2014

hands down, their carrot cake is the best carrot cake i ever had in my life. i'm a big fan of carrot cake and have tried so many carrot cake in my life but this is sensational. so moist, and the cream cheese frosting is fluffy. their red velvet is good as well. tried some of their sandwich but i still prefer their desserts. the price is so reasonable and it always full of people. definitely will go back to amsterdam just to visit them for another cakes.