“Overrated”
Review of Sara's Pancake House - CLOSED

Sara's Pancake House
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Our hotel is close by so we thought lets pop in. We had a discount card as well. We walked in and took a seat. We were given menus and I only wanted some toast as I have a delicate stomach and could not handle a sweet treat early in the morning! I could not see it listed seperately. I queried this with the waiter who said they didn't do toast. Yet when I said it was included in the small breakfast, he said I would have to purchase this. Which I thought was ridiculous. Surely it wasn't hard to make two slices of toast? I didn't want to start a fuss so just ordered the small breakfast. When it came, my "toast", if you could call it that, was stone cold. I was given a generous portion of butter which I liked however it did taste like margarine. My dad had a banana pancake which was average. I agree with other reviews on here stating that the consistency of the meal was more like a crepe than a pancake. Very thin. My sister had 7 small pancakes in honey which she enjoyed however the price was expensive overall including our discount code! I would not recommend this place unless you enjoy crepes and rude waiters.

1  Thank NatJoEvz
There are newer reviews for Sara's Pancake House

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Went here as "Upstairs" was closed. Looks a bit cheap and one guy is trying to cope with a flow of customers. However our pancakes were good and that's the important part..

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Although service was quick and the waiter was polite the food be aware it was quite expensive.
The pancakes however, were delicious and there are plenty of sweet or savoury pancakes to choose from. You can even make your own topping. We had sweet pancakes and there was a good portion of topping on each one.
However for 3 pancakes and 3 coffees the bill came to about 45 euros.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Next to our hotel thought yumm. When we went there the prises were really expensive, so I thought this would be good...but no. 6 small Dutch pancakes that didn't even look fresh for 7 Euro.

Stay away.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

After visiting Anne Frank's House, my daughter had talked about trying Dutch pancakes and was excited when she saw this pancake house. We decided to go in, without checking a menu. Once we sat down, we noticed that the prices were relatively expensive for pancakes. We overlooked this, hoping that these pancakes would be marvelous, and placed our order. There were five of us and the plates came out one at a time, so that by the time we got the last plate, the first person was already done eating. Secondly, these are not pancakes; these are crepes. And they are not generous. One of the plates that we ordered was a salami and cheese pancake. This crepe had four pieces of salami and four small pieces of cheese, that's it. Definitely not worth 13 euros. One of my sons ordered a nutella banana pancake and was the last to receive his plate. Worst thing is that the banana was completely black. When we asked to have this changed, the server responded rudely by saying "Do you want me to open all the bananas? I can't do that"... Overall, this was just disappointing: the service wasnt good, the food wash't great, and it was expensive.

1  Thank Maria B