“hello”

GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“hello”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

no bad review i could except they was more than happy to help is about 20 min walk from the train station at amstel but quick from schpoli airport the train is accessible to use and clean safe would recommend to use over a cab if they can as a cab nearly cost 25 euros from town centre to the hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My sister and I booked this hotel for Kings Day.
f you're looking for a hotel away from the hustle and bustle of the city then this is an excellent choice.
The location is far from the centre however and it is a ten minute walk to the tram/metro which takes you straight to Centraal in about 15-20 minutes. A 24hr pass costs around €8 which can be used for all trams, busses and the metro in and around the centre or a 3 day pass but I'm not sure the price for that but it was excellent value.
The hotel itself doesn't look like much from the outside but inside is clean and spacious and the reception staff are all very friendly and helpful and like the majority of the Dutch, speak impeccable English!
There is a mini supermarket across the road from the tram and around the corner from the hotel so you can buy snacks and things rather than raiding the mini bar! Which brings me to the lovely room.
It was large and clean with an ensuite shower-room. At reception they ask if you would like a room with a bath if you prefer that.
I did find it to be quite dark but the windows had a dark mesh curtain type thing so I probably should have opened them!
Other than that it was comfortable and warm and the shower was hot and powerful with complimentary shower gel, shampoo and soap. Towels were included too.
They do have a large tv on the wall but the subtitles didn't work and the only English Channel was BBC News however we didn't spend much time in the room so it wasn't that important.
I didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on that but I do think £17 for breakfast was far too much.
We got an excellent deal so for what we paid I was very pleasantly surprised but I do feel if I had paid more I would expect breakfast to be included so that's my only downside.
Pros: Clean, fancy, excellent service
Cons: Far from the centre.

• Stayed April 2014
Bremen, Germany
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Before you stay here, you have to know, that this hotel is not in the city centre. It took us almost an hour to get to central station, includind the walk to the nearest station and having to wait for the next train. However, the inside of the hotel is really, really nice. The rooms are spacious and modern, the design was quite modern, staff were friendly and the concierges knew everything about the city.
Unfortunately there was one negative experience: The food from room service was overpriced and almost inedible...

Room Tip: Some rooms are quite far from the elevators
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Because I knew that it was not in the city centre, I was surprised by how much I ended up enjoying my stay here. The rooms were clean and modern. They had a safe in the closet, which I appreciated. The staff were very friendly and professional (and multilingual) The hotel is located between two parks that are great for jogging in; the Amstelpark has a lot of things for children (I was here for work.) I skipped the breakfast; there are bakeries, grocery stores, and restaurants nearby (many of which are kosher.). The only criticism i had would be the archaic limits on internet speed and download limits of 100 MB per day. After staying here, I stayed at a different NH hotel in Amsterdam, which had a limit of 400 MB per day. I'm not sure why their wifi isn't up to the modern standards of the rest of the hotel.

Yes, the hotel is not in the heart of the city. I think that many people find the hotel through Priceline, which lists it as in the Museum Quarter, but this is a little deceiving because the hotels are a 10 minute walk and 20 minute tram ride away. But if you're in town on business or want to get a modern hotel that is in a quieter neighborhood, this hotel is great.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
El Centro, California
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel for over two months for a job assignment. They treated me like a 'KING' the entire time I was there. From the front desk staff, to the housekeeping, to the restaurant staff and management, they all made sure I was taken care of. They even had the chef cook certain dishes according to my likings, since they knew that because of my long stay, that I could get bored with their food ;-P

My company also used their conference room facilities...they were good as well. The staff was on top of things, making sure that the class, the attendees and I were well taken care of.

I would definitely recommend this place....

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Quito, Ecuador
Reviewed 25 April 2014

First of all it's very distant from the city center, but even if you don't mind walking 15 minutes to metro station and half an hour on the metro just to get to Centraal, the biggest problem is that the hotel is not a 4 star hotel. It was 11:30 pm and I was hungry, so I called room service. The person attending the phone says that they don't have anything, just pizza, and asks me to come downstairs to look at the menu. I go downstairs and the room service guy is taking a smoke outside and the person at the reception says that if I wait for a few minutes I could talk to him... He comes back and shows me a menu for a pizza delivery place. I say that I want a small pizza, and he answers in a very rude manner that they would never come just for one pizza, that I need to order at least a few pizzas. When I ask if there is any place to eat in the area, he answers that of course not...

This is the worst experience I've had so far with priceline. I asked for a hotel at the Museumsquartier and they sent me to this hotel with awful service.

Room Tip: NH is a good chain, but this hotel simply doesn't meet the standards.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Sinincay
Donegal Town, Ireland
Reviewed 24 April 2014

nice hotel and convenient to the tram and metro lines. Hotel was clean, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was very expensive so we didn't partake!
Good Columbian Restaurant/Steakhouse five minutes towards the metro line between the Pizzaria and Bicycle Shop through the residential apartments. The area is very safe and quiet.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple