“close to museums”

Hotel Bellington
Ranked #328 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 20 February 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 11 August 2011

I just back from Amsterdam, and want to say that hotel perfect for travels that need good bad, clean shower & toilet. Very nice, friendly helpful owners(Family from Japan), very good location and very acceptable price.
One problem, its a stairs, I have a problem with my back and I cant take my luggage up stairs, and if you don't know, I can explain in most hotels in Amsterdam very high stairs I think its approximate 95-100 degrees, and if you girl, and you have heavy luggage (my was 22 kg) it will be a problem. But still I ask owners to help me, and they take my language up stairs to our room. So what can I say, I am 27 y.o, from Israel and hotel is nice. Good Luck:)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2010

The first and last time we booked a room online it had to be the Bellington. Upon arrival we had to climb a Mt. Everest staircase just to get to the check-in desk. We were shown up another steep staircase to our room which I wouldn't have stayed in as a backpacker years before. There were actual holes in the bathroom and bedroom walls with exposed wiring. The room was dark and dank. We asked for another room which they "didn't have." We asked for a refund which they "refused." They would rather have your money right then rather than offer any customer satisfaction. We left immediately and took the loss.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NYLAdy86
Reviewed 28 September 2009

The only really good thing about this hotel was the location. The room was tiny and not very clean. Also, the reception and breakfast room were in the next house, so to get there from your room you had to go downstairs to the street, enter next door and go up steep stairs again (not very confortable). Breakfast was OK though. Next time I'm in Amsterdam I'll definitely look for something better.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank LeonardoToronto
Reviewed 25 August 2009

Location is in a high end shopping area in the museum district, but the hotel is not worth the money. The room was not clean, no AC, and construction started at 4 am on the roof and on the streets. The jack hammers did not stop. It was one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank superfry75
Reviewed 5 August 2009

booked this hotel for its price and close proximity. as it turns out it was a mistake. ive stayin in many hotels around the world that were classed as budget and they were all so much better than this. room doesnt come with its own bathroom and shower!!! cracked walls. minibar that its even switched on which make you wonder why have it.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2009

Appart from the 3 floors (No lift), building works next door, the leaky window over the bed and the loss of money from a supposedly secure room, it was a below average hotel.
The location was quite good but otherwise, it was quite an unpleasant stay.
No refunds!!
Personally I wouldn't go back to this hotel, but I would stay in the same area.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business