Hotel Bellington
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$218
US$423
US$350
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreat locationrestaurants and shopsprivate bathroomvan gogh museumwalking distancerijksmuseumcanal
FilterAll languages
italy
Reviewed 28 November 2005

After checking some hotels in Amsterdam me and my friends decided to stay at hotel bellington. We were given a room on the front of the hotel with a view to the street and a room on the back of the hotel with a nice view over the gardens. The rooms that we had were equiped with a television and other needs that we didn't need, we were on vacation afterall(!)
The location of the hotel is excellent the sightseeings are al nearby we didn't have to take a taxi or public transport to go to there. Even the leidseplein was 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel with the nightlife and restaurants so we didn't had to worry if we got hungry. The breakfast was just fine it was selfservice and we could fill our tummy. I don't know what the previeus reviewer had but we had hot water and also heating in our room.
The staff was also very kind and helpfull. Thank you all for the pleasent stay and the information we received.
Well if we visit amsterdam again we wil you again.

• Stayed: November 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bradford, UK
Reviewed 16 November 2005

My dog Benji resides at better kennels! I had never had the misfortune to stay in such a filthy, smelly, dingy so called hotel!
How they have audacity to charge around £30 per night i will never know and in fairness they should have paid me to stay there.
The room resembled a prison cell, with no hot water, mouldy shower, fold up beds, no blankets or clean linen, no heating (November) no toiletires, and no mirror. I decided to look for different accomodation after spending one night there and feel it is only fair to warn other travellers.

Stayed: November 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 September 2005

The Hotel was absolutely the worst place I have ever stayed. We booked and paid for this room for two nights before heading to the Netherlands. It was such a filthy, rundown room that we cut our losses and checked out without even staying one night (Beware--No refund at all. Again, this is not typical. They should have refunded second night’s rate). The pictures posted on-line are terribly misleading. I would like to know how they got a two-star rating to begin with!
I have stayed in Europe in a number of one and two-star hotels and I have never seen anything like this before. Ripped sheers (and no privacy blind) covered up a taped together broken window. Under the tape.... mildew... lots of it. There was also a grotesque amount of mildew in the bathroom. The bathroom was dark, dingy, mildewy and smelled faintly of urine.
There was no lift and very steep stairs. I have stayed in Amsterdam before and was aware that this is normal for the city. What is not normal is to be left to navigate those stairs on one's own. Even at the very basic one-stars that I have frequented, our hosts have helped us with our bags. Not here!
I will NEVER stay here again, and I feel it is my responsibility to warn travelers to this beautiful city against this DIVE!

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank 782leanned
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 8 August 2005

I stayed in Hotel Bellington's double deluxe room with my boyfriend in August 2005. The location of the hotel is "luxurious" as it is surrounded by such stores as Cartier, Gucci and Louis Vuitton. The hotel itself is a bit weary and the bed squeaks, but the room was very clean. Don't expect the room to be be too well equipped - but the small TV is there! The staff is very friendly, although their English skills could be improved a bit... We used tram to get to the hotel from the central station, but otherwise you can walk to the centre and to the museums. The stay in Bellington is pleasant if you don't expect any lux INSIDE the hotel!

Stayed: August 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 May 2005

Ditto to the previous writer! What a friendly place!

The location was fabulous - situated on the most exclusive street in Amsterdam, with Channel, Swarovski, McGregor, etc, etc…..what a sight !! No worries about the security then. Moreover, the entire street is always lighted. Not noisy at all, as the street is not as busy as it should be during the day.

Also located just outside the city by the Vondelpark, Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum. Walking access to all of the city centre attractions – can you believe it that I never once took a tram to the center! The walk was great, perhaps with that you’ll get a better view and sight of Amsterdam itself.

The rooms, nothing to shout about though for the price we’ve paid for. But we had a double room that had a balcony, that very nice indeed. Fresh towels and beds made up daily. Only wished the furniture were a little nicer looking, looks worn out. Anyway, the beds are OK enough for the night.

Bathroom was clean but there was a clog in the shower. That can be fixed I suppose.

Breakfast was boring but good enough to fill tummy. However, don’t be late for breakfast, might end up just having cornflakes!

As for the stairs, well, what’s Amsterdam without the stairs eh?

Yup, I might going back there for a couple of nights when I visit again.

• Stayed: May 2005