“Nice location, basic rooms”
Review of Hotel Bellington

Hotel Bellington
Ranked #316 of 374 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 19 May 2006

hotel is situated in a very quiet neighbourghood, on the street of most luxurious shops in the city, close to the beautiful park and very close to the museums' district. The location is a great advantage. But the rooms need to be renovated and are very basic, low water pressure, really budget standard. If you have an opportunity, choose a double room on the last floor - it has really nice view! Quite good breakfast (ham, cheese, marmolade, cornflakes, juice, toats, coffee&tea)

Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank AnnaWarsaw

merseyside
Reviewed 20 April 2006

I stayed at this hotel due to the good reviews that were deposited on this website but when we arrived our worst nightmares struck!

The shower absolutely stunk of urine! there was mold in the shower! mold on the shower curtain! the toilet was old and unclean, the shower area needed ripping out and a new one installing.

The bedroom was awful, tv was just about working, curtains were over 100years old, carpet was really old and dirty, I was bitten in teh night several times. The en-suite washbasin which is bascially in room is really old and looks bad.

The whole room is basically the worst thing I have ever seen! I can live with budget rooms! but this was not budget! I wouldnt let an animal live in these conditions!

We did complain to recpetion but we got the usual recpetion of 'sorry all rooms are full but you can have a standard single room' No thanks! if this is bad imagine what the budget room is like!

We did try to get an other room in town but because it was good friday weekend everywhere was full!
I would also like to say if you are english and you like you fry-ups! dont there breakfast is crap! just ham and eggs!

I would think twice mayble 10 times before going here! I am really dissapointed and would advise all people to check other accomodation elswhere!
tip:The park hotel looks like a good hotel just by Vondel Park

Thanks for reading my review on the worst hotel I have ever stayed in in my life!

Michael McHugh

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 April 2006

We stayed in the double deluxe room for 8 nights back in Feb. The room was cleaned daily. GREAT LOCATION. Within a couple of blocks of two of the main museums, the Rijks and Van Gogh.

We will definately stay here again next year. Great location, service and value.

Stayed: February 2006
7  Thank jessnatl
Merseyside, England
Reviewed 14 March 2006

We stayed in the double deluxe room for 3 nights. Good value for money.

Excellent tram service for getting to the centre. Good quiet location. We didn't have breakfast as are not early morning people, instead we ate at the Van Gough cafe at the end of the road which was very pleasant.

The room was a good size and if you wanted to watch TV there were a good few English channels to choose from.

A couple of previous reviews mention mold. There was a some mildew in the shower but not enough to smell at all. You get what you pay for at the end of the day. The room was old fashioned but clean and there were clean towels and bedsheets.

The only problem we had was that the heating didn't work which we complained about. This wasn't fixed but as the weather was quite warm this didn't bother us.

Overall I would say that this hotel is very good value for money and I would stay here again, but I am not sure if I would risk going in the winter as it may be a bit cold!

• Stayed: October 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
French
Reviewed 15 December 2005

Well these points are nice about my stay at hotel Bellington

- this is a good place for budget travellers to book in to a nice hotel for low rate
- friendly
- very helpful staff
- nice room
- hotel location is quiet and near the center
- good breakfast (including in the roomrate)
- we enjoyed our stay very much and looking forward to come back to hotel bellington.

• Stayed: December 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
italy
Reviewed 28 November 2005

After checking some hotels in Amsterdam me and my friends decided to stay at hotel bellington. We were given a room on the front of the hotel with a view to the street and a room on the back of the hotel with a nice view over the gardens. The rooms that we had were equiped with a television and other needs that we didn't need, we were on vacation afterall(!)
The location of the hotel is excellent the sightseeings are al nearby we didn't have to take a taxi or public transport to go to there. Even the leidseplein was 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel with the nightlife and restaurants so we didn't had to worry if we got hungry. The breakfast was just fine it was selfservice and we could fill our tummy. I don't know what the previeus reviewer had but we had hot water and also heating in our room.
The staff was also very kind and helpfull. Thank you all for the pleasent stay and the information we received.
Well if we visit amsterdam again we wil you again.

• Stayed: November 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bradford, UK
Reviewed 16 November 2005

My dog Benji resides at better kennels! I had never had the misfortune to stay in such a filthy, smelly, dingy so called hotel!
How they have audacity to charge around £30 per night i will never know and in fairness they should have paid me to stay there.
The room resembled a prison cell, with no hot water, mouldy shower, fold up beds, no blankets or clean linen, no heating (November) no toiletires, and no mirror. I decided to look for different accomodation after spending one night there and feel it is only fair to warn other travellers.

Stayed: November 2005