“Wonderful Italian Fine Dining”
Review of Bussia

Bussia
Ranked #46 of 4,003 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We visited on 6th March as part of my partner's Amsterdam trip - based largely on TripAdvisor reviews. We weren't disappointed. We chose the 5 course menu (you can chose 4, 5 or 6 courses of effectively the "chef's menu"). Every course is well explained and good wine recommendations. The food was wonderfully presented and generally was delicious. Great service, relaxed and friendly atmosphere - highly recommended.

3  Thank AndrewPearson
There are newer reviews for Bussia

Reviewed 3 March 2012

My wife and i walked in on a quiet tuesday evening and were given a window seat. the restaurant was fairly quiet but had enough people to create an atmosphere . My wife and I both chose the four course option .We were served with a complementary appetiser while we waited and the home made bread was likewise complementary. The Waitress was attentive and pleasant, explaining about each choice we made and ensuring our wine glasses were topped up without prompting. The food itself was extremely nice and very well presented. They weren't massive portions but of a size that left you feeling satisfied by the end. The final bill for the meal for two was approxamately 127 euros, not the cheapest but I certainly felt I had received value for money. I would reccomend Bussia to anyone wanting a romantic meal or somewhere to impress.

2  Thank Dave H
Reviewed 21 February 2012

a new style of Italian cooking creating top quality, the pleasure of dining well understood by its staff

3  Thank bert_janmaat
Reviewed 17 February 2012

as though Bussia looks as a quite regular place, the food is great - a little artistic, still very tasty.

1  Thank LxSir
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The food is definitely homemade and offers modern italian food variations. The gnocchi with artichoke was delicious!!! My husbands ravioli was a bit disappointing.. nothing you would expect. Looked like a sushi plate-but overall very delicious, but nothing he would have ordered. The desserts-a variation of homemade icecream and chocolate souffle with cardamon icecream- absolutely stunning!!! Since Amsterdam is not a cheap place to eat, I rather pay more money for great homemade food, instead of overpriced tourist crap.

3  Thank marlakir