Hotel Allure
The Bridge Hotel(Amsterdam)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Plantage(Amsterdam)
View Hotel
All reviewskettle and cupsmetro stationfriendly and helpful reception staffiron and boardstayed here last weekcity centreminute walkquiet areaideal hotelrooms are clean and comfortabletea and coffeegood nights sleeppublic transportamstel riverdam sqsmall hotelcontinental breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Located near to the university, it is not in the crazy center but only 10 euros in a taxi. There's also a tram stop 200 meters away but I never used it. Rooms are clean and comfortable, and the showers are hot and powerful. I had a balcony room which faces onto the main road, and there is some noise from the trams. We went for a boys smoking holiday, so based ourselves in Trinity coffee shop which is the best one we've found. The zoo is 10 minutes walk away.

Staff are very friendly, and have maps on reception to help you out. We had a parking space outside the hotel for 30euros a day, which is steep but handy. There is a vending machine in reception for late night munchies.

Would really recommend this hotel over the others I've stayed in, and I'll use it again when I return.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My top floor single was in fact a two bedded room on the street but I heard no noise. THe place is spotless and looks brand-new with nice furnishings and a very pleasant staff and a delightful breakfast room with potted orange trees and light. In november this room cost less than 70 euros in this convenient location. 4 stops from the station on the metro and the Tram 10 goes lots of places, such as the Museumplein, etc...
I can see from the comments that it is often much more expensive and that would indeed change everything.
I was there in mid November

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Found hotel with booking.com was rated 7.9. Positive experience. Well located, clean and silent. Good value for money. Highly recommended. Do not take breakfast at hotel, there are much nicer places in the surroundings

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Agoefilo
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The first thing I want to say is that staff throughout my stay were very very helpful.
Location wise the hotel is ok. Not far from the Amstel and near a tram.
The rooms are very small but clean and relatively well appointed. Bathrooom tiny.
My biggest issue with the hotel was the noise from outside (I was front facing). Most nights it woke me several times. The hotel need to sort some decent windows.

All in all ok. Would I revisit? Not unless they lowered their prices.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Extremely small overpriced room for 300+ euro for two nights I can get much more value. The size of the room is really the biggest problem for me- only one person can move around at a time, bed is small and the only service you get is a clean room.

Location is not ideal because you still need to hop on to a tram to get to leidseplein area or dam square, Rembrandt plein is a good 15 minute walk so it's not exactly close by either.

Wifi is 4 euros for a day, problem is if I lock my phone try to use the internet again I have to re-enter my credentials again to get back wifi access. So if you're used to email/whatsapp alerts none of that will work, you have to login every time.

Not a great experience for me, I've stayed in other Amsterdam hotels even relative to similarly priced hotels this place does not cut it for me- I do not recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013