5,450 results
All reviewscitizen mfree moviesmood lightingshower and toiletmood padzuid stationtram stopcity centrerooms are smallhuge bedgreat conceptfrosted glassfunky hotelschiphol airportnumber trammodern designcommon areas
Reviewed 22 April 2011

We arrived at the hotel at 11am and presumed we wouldn't be allowed to check in, however we were told we could put our luggage in the room straight away. Friendly staff. Located around 10mins from the city centre and it is easy to get to on the number 5 tram which runs very frequently. The rooms are really funky. The toilet and shower are just inside the door, huge bed and the free movies were excellent. Free wifi throughout the hotel was excellent and the furniture in the lobby was really modern! Would recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to Amsterdam and if I ever return I will be staying there again!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Wifi free at last !!! Sometimes very very slow.
Flooding in room, though it was corrected next day.
But The 3rd day flooding again, we pais 140 Euros, not acceptable
A/C just too cold even at The warmest setting.
Staff very good.
Very interesting for overnight stay, cool common area but rooms...

3  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed 21 April 2011

The property is absolutely amazing. Love the room, facilities and open areas. I appreciate the free internet, great selling point. Rooms are airy and very very light.. Very clean. Love the black ut curtain, very neccessary.

There is lack of storage area if there are two people sharing a room for a few days.

Only down side are the staff at reception - they seem to lack specific local knowledge which as a visitor to Amsterdam is vital. Their reference point for most queries is "look at the map". It a Ciotizen M map provided at reception..

Room Tip: search for prices not direct wiht hotel
Reviewed 19 April 2011

It is really hip and trendy. As many traveller has reviewed, room is tiny. I think it is ok if you are travelling with partner/ spouse, but it is really not for families or friends (the toilet and shower areas are covered by glass only!). Given its small size, staying for 2 nights is fine. But if you have a large lugguage, then it is quite a problem.
Bed is huge and comfortable.
I give it an ''average'' mainly because of its location. It takes 25 mins tram to get to the Centraal train station. I was leaving Amsterdam in the evening. That means checking out in the morning and leaving the lugguage in the hotel. I have to spend 25 mins coming back from city centre and another 25 mins to the train station. That's rather time consuming. On the other hand, if you are leaving via airport, it is just 15 mins train from the airport and should be good.
The only complaint I have is the smell from the sink. I suspect that the design of the sewage system is problematic. Everytime I turn on the tap in the sink, the smell of sewage come out from the hole in the sink (i.e. the hole for draining excess water). That's rather disgusting esp when you are trying to brush your teeth or wash your face and I had to turn away from the sink to do avoid the smell.

Reviewed 18 April 2011

Good: It is close to the tram stop, and Zuid station. So easy access to the airport. The rooms are clean and staff are helpful. Free movies in the room.

Bad: No space for your clothes. Nowhere to even store your case. Rooms are too small and cold. There is only one tiny chair with a rag doll on.

Ugly: It looks like a prison on the outside. You can easily miss it. I arrived late at night and although was only a short walk from the station it is in a not so well lit road. They do not even have tea and coffee facility in the rooms.

I had a feeling like I was in a spaceship. I hated it!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business