citizenM Amsterdam
US$252
US$159
Room Mate Hotels
  • Restaurant
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$117
  • Pool
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$126
Hotels.com
US$260
US$228
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$100
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$156
  • Bar/Lounge
5,241 results
All reviewscitizen mfree moviesmood lightingshower and toiletmood padremote controlzuid stationtram stopcity centrerooms are smallhuge bedfrosted glassgreat concepton demandhour barfunky hotelnumber tram
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Loved staying here. Prompt service, modern, very clean and modern rooms and the price is perfect!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank W8Erik
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in January. Absolutely worthy of it's 'trendiest hotel in the world' status, some of the thinking is revolutionary to our current service industry... E.g. The sense that the staff weren't working, the were just hanging out having fun but would help if you needed it... Kind of worked.

Sort of felt like the cool kids had built their own hotel.
I'm glad to have seen it but not sure I'd choose to stay again (unless budget insisted). For me the deal breaker is having the toilet in the bedroom - which effectively left me with the confused sense that I was sleeping in my bathroom...

While its not for me because I like my comforts too much, it is clever, clean, über-trendy, and a friendly place for anyone travelling alone.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 18 January 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights on a short trip to Amsterdam, it was located about 10 minutes from the train station by foot and a 2 minute walk to the tram stop to get into town. The trip into town took about 15 mins - so it’s located slightly out of the centre but trams are frequent so no problems what so ever! The rooms are very quiet, as the hotel is located in a quiet suburb as opposed to the noisy town.

The rooms are quite small but very quirky, with a large bed and glass walled toilets and showers! The lobby has lots of sofa seating with Apple macs (free wireless) and plenty of books. The café/bar is quite expensive, but Amsterdam is generally expensive so it was nothing new. The self check in facilities were also quick and convenient.

We wanted to do a few trips whilst in Amsterdam – the Kuekenhof flower garden being one of them, so we got the train and then a bus which cost us about £20 each. When we arrived we paid the full entrance fee of £10 to find absolutely no flowers in there! The tulip fields were one of the things we went to Amsterdam for. Although it was the end of April, there were a few tubs of tulips but no carpeted floor of or tulips to be seen anywhere (which were pictured so heavily over all the leaflets) This was very disappointing as they must know when it’s the cutting season, yet still charge full price and neglect to tell people! Bear this in mind if going in April!

Overall we had a great stay at the Citizen M and thought this was a great hotel for exploring Amsterdam. If you stayed right in the centre you’d pay more for somewhere that wasn’t half as nice so it was worth the tram ride.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lilgreeny
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I spent most of my time in Amsterdam with a cold and arrived late one evening ready for a hot tea and my bed. The staff members were friendly and greeted me with enthusiasm - and were very helpful when helping me to use the self check-in terminals. You can choose from a room with a city-view, or a garden-view - unless you're on one of the higher floors (I was on the first floor), it doesn't really matter.

The lobby is stylish and it's been designed to feel like you're sat in your fashionable friend's lounge. Books concerning art and design adorn the shelves and the TVs show various European channels. There's a real hostel feel to it and nearly all of the employees are in their twenties - yet there are many older guests staying too.

The rooms are designed either for singles or couples. They're small and compact, but the space is used brilliantly - two cylinders form the toilet and shower - the toilet is covered in matte glass, but the shower is transparent (it's not really the place I'd choose if holidaying with friends), but it was a fun touch.

The entire room's functions are controlled with a remote control - you can turn off or dim the lights with it, change channel on the TV, change the temperature etc. And the bed was wonderful - it's a huge king-sized, very comfy bed. And everything is very clean!

The hotel is in the heart of the business quarter - it's around 20 minutes by tram (tram number 5, which leaves from outside the hotel) to the centre, but the tram was packed every time I rode it (I was being grumpy with my cold, but I'd have appreciated a seat). Alternatively you can take the metro to the central station - the metro is around a 5 minute walk from the hotel next to the World Trade Center. I was only in Amsterdam for a few days, so the 20-30 minute journeys weren't ideal and being in the heart of the city would have been easier - but it was a minor issue.

I really wanted to visit Restaurant Greetje while in Amsterdam, I have heard many wonderful things - but due to my cold (shall I mention that one more time?!) I ended up eating noodle soup in nearby Wagamama's. Breakfast at CitizenM was perfectly ok, but for 10 € (if you book the night before, otherwise it's something like 13 € if you pay on the day) was a little steep for what there was - croissants, bread rolls, pain au chocolats, cheeses, fruit and muesli with yogurt, plus a juice and a hot drink. The bar is open 24 hours for food, but it was also expensive for what there was - I paid around 8 Euros for a lasagne that I had to heat in the microwave myself.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stayed at the Citizen M in Amsterdam on an overnight layover. The hotel was great. Check in was easy and the staff were all very helpful. The room was exactly as I thought it would be. Everything worked well, although it did take some figuring out to get the lights/tv/window controller to work the way we wanted it too (the problem was us, not the unit).

The rooms are not large, but who needs floor space? Everything was perfectly serviceable and I would stay here again in a heartbeat. This hotel is not "charming" but it is modern and clean and simple. At the end of a long trip, just the essentials of what we needed.

The only thing I would do differently, given the same situation, is that I would stay at the Citizen M at Schipol, instead of travelling part way into the city. The cab ride was very expensive and the train station was a bit of a hike in the morning.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple