citizenM Amsterdam
Agoda.com
US$423
US$350
5,197 results
All reviewscitizen mfree moviesmood lightingshower and toiletmood padremote controlzuid stationtram stopcity centrerooms are smallhuge bedfrosted glassgreat concepton demandhour barfunky hotelnumber tram
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I had initially booked this place for a trip in May. Unfortunately I had to change the dates of my holiday - but the hotel switched my reservation for me, free of charge!

The location is amazing. We bought a 3 day unlimited GVB card that allowed us to use all public transport around the city. (http://en.gvb.nl/ovinmamsterdam/pages/bestdeal.aspx)

The hotel is RIGHT in front of a tram stop (line 5) so it was super easy to get into central Amsterdam. It takes about 25-30 mins to Centraal Station from the hotel. However, if biking is your style, it's super easy to bike around, to and from as well! We rented bikes on our second day from Mike's Bikes (http://www.mikesbiketoursamsterdam.com/?page_id=107) and biked around and out of Amsterdam, pretending to be locals. :)

The room was awesome; can't go wrong with a 2 meter by 2 meter sized amazingly comfortable bed! The toilet and shower have their own little pods in the room which made us giggle but the concept was pretty cool. The snack bar in the lobby was always open and stocked, even at 4am when we got in from partying :) In short, the room was perfect and clean and the location was great too. All this topped with free wireless internet, I'd come back again in a heartbeat.

2  Thank lilsusie
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed here for a night after attending a concert at the Heineken Music Hall. The hotel is located perfectly, in a quiet neighborhood, close to tram and train station, so you can be in central Amsterdam within 5-10 minutes.
The hotel set up is standard citizen m, with the big comfy bed and the shower and toilet 'pods', mood lighting, tv with movies etc.
The staff were attentive and immediately fulfilled our request to switch rooms as our original room was close to the elevators (noisy) and the air-conditioning didn't work.
The food in the little cafeteria is tasty (try the lasagna and the spaghetti Bolognese)!

Reviewed 26 June 2012

First off, I made the mistake of booking the one next to the airport, and showed up at the one downtown, the staff jumped through hoops to get my transfer over to the downtown one. There was little they could do because I booked through a third party, but after making a few calls to higher, the manager got it switched. I was very impressed because I had simply expressed briefly that I would rather be downtown, but it wasn't a big deal, and would like the address to the airport. The staff was thoughtful and more courteous in realizing this and made it happen. Similar events to this happened my entire stay, small events, but meant a lot they did big things for my small problems. Now, the hotel itself, amazing... To say the least. No wonder it has been voted trendiest last two years running. It was definitely an experience in Amsterdam, added to the awesome experience I had there. I wouldn't pass this one up.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same, but I'd get a lower floor room so you can see your car. Never know with that city...
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Just returned from a three night break in Amsterdam with my husband and our two friends. We chose the Citizen M Amsterdam City after staying one night in their Glasgow Hotel and totally fell in love with the place and the casual concept. The Amsterdan Citizen did not let us down. Just one train stop from the airport to Amsterdam Zuid and then a short walk took us to our location. The staff are very bubbly and attentive and very knowledgeable about transport links. The number 5 tram stops just around the corner from Hotel and takes less than 10 minutes to city central. The rooms are fab and the shower is amazing. Our friends first impression was could this be a bit claustraphobic? but with great air con, mood lighting and the best bed and pillows ever they were soon converted, never mind the free movies on demand. The only small negative is that the Glasgow Hotel has a built in iPod dock in the room but that was me just presuming rather than reading what the Hotel provided. The bar is very welcoming and any food we had was always fresh and tasty. All in all I would have no hesitation in recommending Citizen M Amsterdam City as a great place to stay whilst exploring this facinating and vibrant City.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank munchbunch4
Reviewed 25 June 2012

CitizenM is great value for money in Amsterdam and in a great location. VERY easy to get to from Schipol airport and with a tram stop almost outside the front door, easy to get to Central Amsterdam. The decor is quirky innovative and modern. The only downsides were that the handles on the shower were so tight that it took great strength to turn them. Also one of the electric outlets did not work making using a computer awkward.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business