citizenM Amsterdam
Rho Hotel(Amsterdam)
US$321
US$303
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$252
ibis
Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$353
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$209
US$651
US$384
  • Restaurant
NH Amsterdam Museum Quarter(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$352
US$931
US$814
Excellent 5/5
  • Pool
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$199
US$648
US$540
  • Pool
5,181 results
All reviewscitizen mfree moviesmood lightingshower and toiletmood padremote controlzuid stationtram stopcity centrerooms are smallhuge bedfrosted glassgreat concepton demandhour barfunky hotelnumber tram
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This hotel is class. It was amazing. So different from any hotel I have ever stayed in. The bed is so comfy. There are mod lights in the room that change with music. It was such an enjoyable experience. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DT45
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Although originally dubious about the hotels self service aspect, we were greeted by the nicest possible staff who helped us sign in, and choose what style room we want, and how many room cards we wanted!
Hotel had everything we could possibly want, lovely cocktails, and only a short walk from the city centre (or just outside a tram stop)

Room was amazing! (Especially as we're both a bit geeky) remote controlled mood lighting and tube showers were very cool, and the massive bed was very comfy. Also choice of movies was great (not that we were in the place long enough to watch them) and although the room was quite small, the great use of space meant we didn't really ever notice it.

Definitely would recommend it to anyone travelling to the city on work or play if you like a modern feel

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jay D
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I chose this hotel because it doesn't look like any hotel: pictures looked good and so is the hotel in general. It is like a concept hotel, with a lot of tech: iMacs in the lobby, universal remote that does lightning, stores, and TV in your room (free movies to rent are a nice touch).
The toilet and shower are in pods, nice (and probably the only) way to fit this accommodation in the rather small space (the room is a wide as the bed is long). Still, the room feels larger than it actually is.

Everybody speaks English - not completely strange for a business hotel. I was welcomed by a girl at the reception, who immediately announced that her Dutch was very poor, because she came from Spain but her friendliness largely compensated. The staff was very kind (e.g. when they ran through the explanation of how to operate the shower): remember to make sure you really close the doors completely by using some force or nothing happens (so you do not flood the room).

The breakfast is fine but although the web site mentions "grab anything you like", I couldn't get a second fruit juice, which is a bit sad if -as me- you only drink juice in the morning. My neighbor however was offered as many cappuccinos as he liked: in my case a 2 drinks policy would be me more fair than charging extra (above the €10,95 for breakfast) someone who doesn't like coffee/tea.
In general, staying in CitizenM is an other experience than the standard hotel thanks to some nice touches and well worked out ideas, so thumbs up.

Room Tip: Book your breakfast when you check in (€10,95) rather that the day itself (€13,95)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank skiwie
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Citizen M was a very unique experience that both me and my husband enjoyed. The staff was incredibly friendly. After checking in at a computer kiosk, I forgot my iPad as I was walking to the elevator. One of the staff members flagged me down and brought it to me! Incredibly honest and very well appreciated. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M B
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for girls' weekend. Booked a double room for myself and it was very comfortable but I don't think I'd have liked it so much if I was sharing- even with my husband! The shower and toilet are in pods (for want of a better word) in the body of the bedroom and although there was a curtain I don't think I'd have been happy. Toilet privacy is sacred lol. That said the hotel is spotless clean, the bed is very comfortable, the staff are all extremely friendly and helpful and the location is very good too - a quiet residential area but right next to Amsterdam South railway station and right next to the stop for tram 5 straight into the centre. I really liked it and would recommend it - so long as you bear in mind the toilet situation !

• Stayed: August 2013