citizenM Amsterdam
US$204
US$160
Room Mate Hotels
  • Restaurant
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$110
  • Pool
US$261
US$245
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$104
US$362
US$271
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$100
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$156
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
5,241 results
All reviewscitizen mfree moviesmood lightingshower and toiletmood padremote controlzuid stationtram stopcity centrerooms are smallhuge bedfrosted glassgreat concepton demandhour barfunky hotelnumber tram
Reviewed 22 July 2014

CitizenM is a must do (and stay) in Amsterdam!

As a student returning home after 6 months of travelling, citizenM was exactly the no frills luxury I was looking for for my last nights in Europe. The staff were very friendly and expedient in their service.

To the friendly man who fixed my shower, thank you! The shower was an absolute highlight.

I took great delight in skyping my friends and family from my 2x2m bed and Instagramming my groovy soap bar which made me a "sparkling clean and nice smelling human being again".

The lobby is always full of people (in a good way) and a great place to hang out.

Comfy and luxurious bed. Great towels. Great pillows. Block out blind. Movies on demand. This place is young (and young at heart) person heaven.

My only note to management would be that when I returned my bike at night time, there was no lighting on this side of the building and I felt a little bit unsafe, but a sensor light would fix this no worries. (To future guests reading this, free and unlimited bike hire from the hotel, perfect in Amsterdam, an easy and flat 20 min (at most) cycle in to town.)

Thank you for a FANTASTIC stay, I will be recommending this hotel to everyone and seeking it out wherever I stay all over the world.

Thank you thank you thank you. Now I'll just wait for one to open in Australia so I can be an ambassador too!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here with my husband for one night whilst we were in transit. The hotel is only 5 minutes walk from the airport terminal and really easy to find. Check in was super easy self check in but an assistant was on hand if needed. Rooms are amazing 'pod' style accommodation, everything you need for a stop over. Good sized bed and nice shower. Would definitely recommended and will stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We found this hotel a delightful experience, ALMOST faultless.. at first thought we might find the lack of space & privacy a problem, but not at all. also thought we did not have enough place to put clothes out etc, but once you check out the room, the storage ides are great and more than enough room for 2....... The lounge areas in lobbys are so freindly and comfortable, but if your staying for more than a couple of nights, the lack of room cleaning can be a problem, you only get towels changed,nothing else, our floor became quite uncomfortable with bits and peices which only end up carrying into bed... My husband had a fall in the street on the first evening and the sheets became quite soiled due to the grazes leaking blood etc, we requested clean sheets but that did not happen.. Maybe a slimline brush & pan hanging behind the mirror area would be a good idea.... the problems did not stop us enjoying the hotel, just a suggestion. The 24hr food although a great idea, needs a great deal of improvement, for the price it was quite bad. tasteless, and uninteresting. when there is a few restaurants with great personal service, great food and reasonable prices nearby, I think most people would eat out if they know they are there (walking distance)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Fantastic hotel - check in was as easy with the computer on the entry. We got there at 12.30 (midnight) and the staff were friendly and helpful even as such a late hour.

The rooms were immaculate and ideal for hanging out in the bedroom, which is perfect because I had a lot of work to catch up on (while overlooking the garden view). It's also a 5 minute tram ride away from Dam Square and everywhere else that you could possibly want to do in Amsterdam.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

citizenM is a funky boutique hotel geared towards hipsters. This place is not suitable for business travelers, particularly not for professional women. The bathroom is literally in the middle of the guest room. There is not adequate space to get ready after a shower, nor to hang suits/dresses. There is no place to unpack folded clothes. The hair dryers are not powerful enough for a blowout of any kind. There was no iron. 20-somethings are running down the halls all night long. This place feels like a hostel, decked out with Apple computers and mood lighting in every room. Cute but not practical.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor and avoid the front of the hotel as smokers populate the front stoop and make noise all night.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business