“Brilliant Service and Super Comfy Beds!” 5 of 5 bubbles

WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #33 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Service and Super Comfy Beds!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

We arrived in Amsterdam at 8am with no idea where to go to get to the hotel. A taxi driver quoted us 40 Euros to take us to the hotel, which we felt rather expensive so said no and quite rightly so as now knowing the distance 20 Euros would be acceptable. My partner and I, after asking in the airport information travelled to the hotel via the connections bus which takes you directly to the Fashion Hotel (or any hotel for that matter) for a flat rate of 15.somthing Euros each. The connections point where to book it is located in the airport too.
Our check in wasn’t till 3pm and we arrived at the hotel at 10am but we hoped we could leave the luggage there, Michael (not sure how to spell,) greeted us at reception and was ever so helpful. We were able to leave the luggage there and he even sorted it out so we could go to our rooms at around 12am rather than 3pm, which was fantastic! He gave us some advice how to get around and all the staff was friendly and welcoming.
To travel from the hotel into main Amsterdam is very easy, the tram is a 5min walk away max 10 if taking a leisurely stroll. (I noticed people saying on here that its further, I’m assuming they must of walked to the next tram stop down, or have difficulty in walking.) Any way my point is it’s really not far. There is not really much around the hotel area but once on the tram everything is within 20mins max of the hotel. To get around use tram 1 or 17 to central station however tram 1 is much better as it takes you past more areas you are likely to get out for entertainment or restaurants etc.
In the evening we went to the bar at the top of the hotel for cocktails, the guy serving was superb and the cocktails were worth the money.. lush!
The check out time is 12am, so we went for a quick swim in the pool before we left. It was extra good as it was just us using the pool, but still it’s an ok sized, clean and surprising quite warm! I would defiantly say go for a few lengths in the morning to wake you up!
Its and excellent four star hotel, the rooms looked exactly as advertised, the beds were so comfy and we both had the best night sleep! All in all I would defiantly recommend The WestCord Fashion Hotel the only downside is we couldn’t stay for longer!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RebeccaBarry
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 15 July 2011
Dear RebeccaBarry,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments to our reception supervisor Michael which I already passed on to him. I'm proud as a hotel manager to have such dedicated team members.
It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam.We are looking forward to welcome you again as our guest in the near future.

Nico Evers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

The hotel is easily accessible from city center via a ten minute tram at pretty much all times of the day, not far from the airport and the business parks surrounding it.

Check in was alright but rooms could have been better, for example, the bed had a decent mattress but for some reason it was very hard right in the center as if there was wood right under the top sheet.

There was a broken electric switch panel right next to the tv.

Ironing board was just a metal mesh with a cover on it, almost impossible to use.

After a 3 night stay, I checked-out around 11 am and came back in the evening to pick up my bag from the front desk and because I had to catch a long distance flight at night, I had requested if I could take a shower at the wellness center. At the time of check out, the lady at the front desk said I could take a shower at the wellness center in the evening, but when I came back, another man at the desk said this was not possible at all. It was okay had they said so in the morning but accepting once and then refusing the request doesn't go well in terms of customer service.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear faisalf,

Thank you for posting this review on Tripadvisor.
Your comments are of great importance and will help us in our efforts to continuously improve the standards you may expect.
Therefore your remarks are very much appreciated. I will share your feedback with the entire team.
It has been a pleasure to welcome you and we are lookig forward to welcome you again as our guest.

belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

We arrived to several inches of snow and -15 tempratures which seriously impeded our sight-seeing, but coming into a spacious, warm room (we opened window and watched the snow fall) was wonderful. Big comfy beds and free mini-bar was a real bonus. The cocktail bar and resturant can not be faulted for quality and service, and the spa and pool were luxurious. The hotel has a deal with local taxi company which gives guests a fare into city center that is equal to 2 tram fares so no hanging about tram-stops. All staff friendly and helpful. Although a little isolated from the thick of things this hotel will provide comfort and luxury to the weary traveller, perfect!

Room Tip: no problems with noise in our room
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 8 July 2011
Dear annmarymcmurray,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments. I will share your feedback with my entire team. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam. Amsterdam is a beautiful city during all seasons. During your stay we had snow with a temp. of -15, now we have sunshine and a temp of +15! We are looking forward welcoming you again as our guest in the near future!
Kind regards,

Shah Alam, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

Wonderful interiors, very good service and very reasonably priced too for a luxury hotel. The hotel is located less than ten minutes away from the tram ride with lots of shops and restaurants nearby. The Check-In process was quick and the staff, fluent in English, were eager to help and managed to communicate well with us. Superb! Definitely worth my stay!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 7 July 2011
Dear HazirahFatin,

Thank you for staying with us! I'm very happy to read your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.
I will share your feedback with my entire team. We are looking forward to welcome you again as our guest in the near future.

Cracow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

The location is central but not in the heart of the city. The hotel is located between highway and city. To get to the center you need about 10-12 min by trams (their stop is very close to available). The area around the hotel is quiet and nice. The staff during my stay here were always friendly and available to all guest with any question. The room was sufficiently large for my need, with a very comfy bed, LCD TV, work desk, modern bathroom with rain shower, coffee/tea making facilities and fridge with bar. The breakfast buffet was here delicious with great choice of things. The hote has also own health center with the pool, fitness center and other facilities.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank CracowDanang
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 30 June 2011
Dear CracowDanang,

I was delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations. Thank you for choosing our hotel. We do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guest in the near future!

Kindest Regards,

Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

Very nice hotel, extremely comfortable rooms, located in the outskirts of Amsterdam but with direct transpostation to the centre right in front of the main entrance, two tramway lines.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IsabelVM
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 27 June 2011
Dear IsabelVM,
I will share your feedback wit all our team members. We are looking forward to welcome you again as our guest in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

I recently stayed here with a group of friends. My overall impressions of the hotel were it really is fabulous, and one of the most stylish that I have ever stayed at. The hotel may not be in the centre of town, but access is really easy with trams running right outside. It was never a problem picking up a taxi, after leaving the nightclubs.

The only negatives points were the two nights we ate in the restaurant, my order was forgotten about both times, as the waitress tried to memorise all 6 orders. I think it may have been a better idea just to write the orders down. This was quickly rectified though once it was pointed out, and the food was quickly brought out. The other issue was the glass shower room. No problem if you are staying with your partner, but not ideal staying with friends as I was. Overall though I will definitely choose to stay here again, if I visit Amsterdam again.

• Stayed June 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Dear KayJane,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments! I will share your feedback with my entire team. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam. We are looking forward welcoming you again as our guest in the near future!
Kind regards,