“Very nice experience.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bucharest, Romania
“Very nice experience.”
Reviewed 4 September 2011

A very nice hotel in such a nice city. It is a little bit hard to find because is somewhere on the autoband. It is very nice inside with very cool architecture and shapes. If you want to go to the city center by train it takes you about 10 minutes and from the hotel to the train station another 5 min walk.
The rooms are very nice in the same style like the lobby and are very big. The bathroom is great very spacious and has both shower and bath.
The spa looks good and has al the things you need to relax.
The thing I didn't like was the breakfast. It was 17 euros extra and wasn't nothing near a 4* breakfast. Another thing you need to know is that the parking costs 25 euros/day so that is also pretty expensive.
Overall I had a good time at Westcord Fashion Hotel.

• Stayed September 2011
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Dear HoriaSzabo,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm very happy to read your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.

Nico Evers,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Very nice, clean and friendly hotel
Nice bar at the 10th floor but view isnt amazing as facing motorway
Tram is about 15min walk from the hotel/ night bus available from the city centre (N 353)-get down at Lelylaan
Rooms are medium size but comfortable and luxurious-include both walk in shower and separate bath
Hotel had arranged cocktails for my husband's bday which was a very nice touch and made the stay special
Free wifi
Overall the hotel is very cosmopolitan and deinitely stands its name!

Room Tip: ring the hotel before or email them and ask for a spacious roome with view and they will make sure t...
1 Thank vershi
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 1 September 2011
Dear vershi,
I was delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations. Thank you for choosing our hotel. We do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guest in the near future!

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2011

looks nice, staff lacked professionalism. Vacuum cleaner left outside a lift and guest fell over it and injured themselves.
15 euros each for 1 cold coffee and a dry croissant. 25 Euros per day to park in the car park despite paying full price for hotel stay. 12 1/2 euro local tax to pay too.
Room clean and modern, however be prepared for staff to enter your room unannounced to sort a problem with the tv channels. The bathroom has a clear glass door and male staff saw my wife getting out of the bath when they burst in. no apology.
alot of money for very little.

Dear Jon B,

Thank you for posting your review at Tripadvisor, I'm distressed to learn of your dissatisfaction as we strive to fulfill and meet the needs of all our guests. Unfortunately we failed in your case. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. In every room we have "do not disturb" signs available, the fee to park your car is in line with the parking fees in the neighborhood and much cheaper than the city centre ( € 5,- per hour).
We do hope to get the chance to welcome you back as our guest in the near future. Please contact me directly.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Stayed here in april for queensday
Staff were genrally ok even though the hotel policy had tryied to make me pay in full after a mistake on my part when booking
Rooms are clean and nice but you have to wonder when a hotel is trying to look as "fasion" as posible and then having a vending mini bar in the room that charges double for drinks hardly make you feel like your "comp" in las vegas.
I fight broke out in the bar and spilled into the lobby and street while we were there.
Police had to be called.
Charge extra for the spa
And the was not hot water on the sunday for a shower and the manager fobbed me off with " we will Email you about how we will compensate you" And i never got a email or ANYTHING.
My Advice is if you like the look of this place DONT STAY just go look at the pink dummys in the lobby coz thats about all this place has you have seen the best of it on the photos on the internet
ALL STYLE NO SUBSTANCE IS A NICE WAY TO DISCRIBE THIS PLACE ( AND NOT MUCH STYLE AT THAT

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TIM19777
Dear Tim19777,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I'm distressed to learn of your dissatisfaction as we strive to fulfill and meet the needs of all our guests. Unfortunately you were present in our lobby when we had our first and last fighting incident between two visitors. Our hotel is connected the central heating system of the city, unfortunately there was a system failure in one of the stations outside the hotel during your stay.
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused and kindly ask you to contact me directly.
I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guest so we can prove that our services and standards are on the level you may except.

Ipswich
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights in August 2011. The hotel is easy to find, it rather stands out to be honest.
Getting there, we took the train to Central Amsterdam Station, with a view to hiring bicycles and then riding to the hotel (it's about 20 min cycle ride). But the bike shop was closed. Take Tram number 1, stops about 200 metres away.
The hotel is situated between 2 lovely parks, ideal for runners who are in training, like I am!!
The hotel is rather beautiful, not without it's flaws though. The staff are helpful and polite, with the exception of the lady who manages the Gym suite in the basement, she was doing her best to be as unhelpful as possible.
Our air conditioning didn't work very well, but that was fixed as soon as we mentioned it.
I fully recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Dear cleversod,
I was delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations!
Thank you for choosing our hotel and I hope we can welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the near future!

Kind regards,

Frankfurt
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We came to Amsterdam for New Year's Eve and booked this hotel as it is very close to where a friend of mine lives. It is just one stop from the airport by train and you can get to the city centre by train or tram.

The hotel itself is nice. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Our room faced a very busy streets which you could hear through a closed window. I do not think this would work for me in the summer.

A good option if you need to be in this part of town but also easy to get to from the airport an the city centre. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance but not a big selection.

The hotel has a fantastic bar with a great view of Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road.
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear apfelwein,
I will share your feedback with my entire team. We are looking forward to welcome you again as our guest in the near future. We will book you a quite room with gardenview!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 August 2011

The Fashion Hotel is a beautiful hotel near the centre of Amsterdam. The price for a stay is really competitive for Amsterdam, which can be expensive. The rooms are really comfortable, beautifully designed and spacious. You can easily get a tram to the centre in about 15 minutes or it is only about 5 minutes by tram from Leidesplein, a lovely square with lots of pubs, restaurants and shops. The skyy bar at the top of the hotel is worth a visit for the view. I would definetely stay here again if I visit Amsterdam again. The only reason I didn't give a 5 star rating is that the service could be quite slow, the staff are helpful but there could be quite a queue to wait to talk to them and they are more polite than friendly - maybe more staff are needed on the front desk?

Dear Romona96,
I have just read your review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind words. Your recommendations about our service are very welcome! Your comments are therefore highly appreciated and of great value!
It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future