“Excellent value for money”

WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #34 of 374 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We chose this hotel based on the positive TA reviews and we were really pleased with it. The hotel is some distance from town, but close to tram stops, which take you in within about 15 minutes. We also got a taxi home one night and it was only 21 euros, which we thought was reasonable.
The hotel itself is large with really good rooms. The rooms are very clean, well decorated and have lovely bathrooms with bath and separate shower. They also have satellite TV with UK and European channels. We ate in the hotel prior to leaving and the food was pretty good and reasonably priced. The hotel also has a great secure car park facility, which is actually within the hotel unlike many that we encountered in our travels and was reasonably priced at 15 euros per night. The hotel also has wifi and offers free access to a pc, printer etc, which makes a change from the hotels that charge for these facilities.
The only down side to our stay was the 35 euros that we paid for a 'treat me special' package, which included bath robes, slippers, turn down service, with water and fruit delivered to your room. The turn down service didn't happen on either night we stayed and we mentioned this to the hotel who then reduced the cost to 25 euros. This is the only thing that we could find fault with though, so pretty minor.
Considering the cost of this hotel compared to its city centre competitors, I think it offers brilliant value for money and having seen some of the alternatives that we looked at, we are glad we chose to be in this area rather than the city centre.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear SKSAL,
I have just read your review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind words. I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay that much. Your comment about the "Spoil Me" package are very welcome! Your comments are therefore highly appreciated and of great value!
It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcome you again in the near future!

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Nice hotel, nice staff - staying there since month on a regular basis.

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear EndsBirds,
Thank you for you short and clear review on Tripadvisor. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay! It's great to have you as a regular guest!

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Fashion hotel is really a nice place to stay. The rooms are big, bright and modern. Beds are really confortable and bathroom includes shower and separate bath tube. WC are separates from the bathroom...which is a rare "nice to have"......
Hotel has free wifi everywhere, which is also rare in Europe. TV package has program in all languages.
The hotel features a very nice facility area including swimming pool, spa, and fitness. There is also a lounge/bar on the top floor which offer a nice view of the city.

Staff is very helpfull. The only downside is that the hotel is located about 20 minutes away by tram from the entertaining district.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone who travels to Amsterdam

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear olivierp2008,
Thank you very much for you kind and enthusiastic words in your review! It was a delight to read you enjoyed your stay so much! I will share your comments with our team, who I am sure will read them with pride!
It has been a pleasure welcoming you to our hotel, and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back next time!
Kindest regards

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Great hotel, huge comfy bed, very helpful and friendly staff. The swimming pool and gym are good, pool nice and warm. Wish the use of sauna was included but you had to pay extra to use it, seems a little crazy to me cannot cost any more to run as they are being heated anyway. Food was excellent and the wine list complimented the food. We have already booked to go again.

Room Tip: We booked room 402 which is a triple room, very large and comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank David C
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear David C,
What a pleasure to read your review of your recent stay with us. Thank you for sharing this review and for your kind words.
I'm delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations. It is great to read that you made a new booking! We are looking forward to welcome you again!
Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Wonderful hotel, good service and nice staff. High standard and very spacious. 10-15 minutes tram ride from Amsterdam city centre.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Thomaz G,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm very happy to read your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.
I will share your feedback with my entire team. We are looking forward to welcome you again as our guest in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 14 April 2012

I have stayed 4 times in this hotel when coming into Amsterdam for business. I find the location (close to the airport and next to a highway) convenient. However, for the SECOND time now they have failed to provide a wake-up call when one was requested. The first time this happened, two months ago, I went to the front desk, explained who took my request the prior night (did it in person at the desk), and indicated how lacking a hotel-provided alarm clock all guests are dependent on this service. I received a rather hollow apology. I expected a follow-up from the manager. None came.

Then, it just happened again this week. This time I called from the room to request a 7:30AM wake-up call, and again, no call came. I was late to my meeting and potentially embarrassed myself in front of my clients. On the way back I stopped by a convenience store and bought a travel alarm clock. With a front desk service that bad It is ridiculous that no clocks are in the room.

Rooms are nice, although very cold (other reviews indicate the thermostats don't work and my impression is the same). Cleaning crew is hit and miss. Sometimes the rooms are nicely put together when you come back, sometimes they are not. Iron boards left out will be found in the same place when you come back at night (really? Putting them back is not part of fixing up the room?). Restaurant is good, but if you do not watch it they will serve you beer in a dirty glass (they go straight from the soapy water into the shelf). Keep an eye on the glass they use, or order bottled beer if picking up bugs is not part of your travel plans.

Overall, it is not a bad choice for business, but do NOT depend on a hotel provided wake up call because for me, they did not come in 50% of the time.

Room Tip: Bar on 10th level makes that floor loud. Avoid it if you need a good night of sleep.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Pedro C

Dear Pedro C,
Thank you for posting your review at Tripadvisor, I'm distressed to learn of your dissatisfaction as we strive to fulfill and meet the needs of all our guests. Unfortunately, due to a human mistake, we failed in your case. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back as our guest in the near future.
Kindest Regards,