“Stylish, excellent hotel, nothing to fault!”

WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #31 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Singapore, Singapore
“Stylish, excellent hotel, nothing to fault!”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Fabulous, fashionable, stylish and great quality - the perfect base for your Amsterdam trip! My friend and I booked this hotel with a Groupon voucher which included flights and 2 nights at this excellent hotel with breakfast. We were so pleased upon arrival, everything went smoothly and the trip was incredibly good value for money. There is a lot of attention to detail and we couldn't fault anything! (which is unlike me...)
Getting there from Schiphol Airport was a short 10minute taxi ride costing around 30 Euros - much easier than getting a tram we thought.
Hotel is also near Lelylaan Tram Station, which was great for us getting into the centre of town and exploring - we bought a 48 hour tram ticket from the hotel reception for 12 Euros, such good value! Tram numbers 17 and 1 are the best to get into town.
Breakfast was great, lots of choice and lovely coffee!
The Skyybar on the 10th floor was brilliant, tasty cocktails and snacks and an awesome view! Friendly and helpful staff.
The room was stylish and luxurious, comfy beds, great bathroom and spacious.
Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and return.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank JenileeR
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 24 March 2013
Dear JenileeR,
I was delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations!
Thank you for the nice pictures and for choosing our hotel. It’s great to read that you will recommend and return! That’s the best compliment we can get
Nico Evers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We stayed here for 3 days in February. Other reviews complained about the distance from the city- we never found it a problem. The tram was a 5 minute walk then a 20-25 minute tram ride to the city. The room was stylish and luxurious- bed very comfortable. It was also very close to a train station for our return to the airport which saved us from travelling into the city centre on our return.
The pool was lovely, although I found it strange that they would charge hotel guests 10 euros to use the sauna (perhaps because it's a spa).
The only reason we're not giving 5/5 is that we bought a room only deal from lastminute, and when we considered adding breakfast discovered that it was 17euros per person per day! We declined and went into the city each day!
Great hotel, good location and great room.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Munkypenny
Dear Munkypenny,
Thank you for nice review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay! Your commenst about our breakfast is very appreciated. I hope that we may have the chance to welcome you again in the near future!
London
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We really liked the fashion hotel. Getting there from Schiphol was a breeze given the proximity of Lelylaan mainline station and our room was a good size and comfortable (although I may be too much of a prude for the see through shower room and it was strange not having a sink in the separate toilet). On arrival, our room smelled of smoke so our room was changed promptly and courteously by the staff. Location wise it is definitely on the outskirts of central Amsterdam but the 1 and 17 trams are nearby and with bike hire and tram tickets available from reception getting around was very easy. On the day that it wasn't quite so cold on our stay, we walked back from the Rijksmuseum via the Vondelpark which was very pleasant. Breakfast was very good and varied, except for the strange blue doughnuts and the meal we ate in the restaurant on our first night was pleasant, particularly the crab starter, with very friendly and efficient service. All in, given we'd gotten a very good rate, a really great hotel and nice views / tasty cocktails from the Skyy bar.

1 Thank bishclone
Dear bishclone,
What a delight to read your review of your recent stay with us. Thank you for sharing this review on Tripadvisor.
I’m very happy to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations!. I will pass on your compliments about our breakfast, restaurant and Skyybar to my team!
Thank you for choosing our hotel and I hope we can welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the near future!
WestCord fashion Hotel
Edinburgh
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This hotel is situated a little out of the city center but simple and well connected with tram and bus. It was VERY good value for money it is tasteful decent has a lively bar, decent food and drinks, friendly staff, great service overall for the money it has to get 5/5.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rankbadger
Dear rankbadger,
I have just read your review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind and enthusiastic words. We are very happy to get 5 out of 5. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcome you again in the near future!
Kindest Regards,
Hoylake, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The Westcord Fashion Hotel about 10-15 minutes out of the main city by tram is a good base for a short break to the city. We also walked from the hotel a few times to the city and it was not too taxing as it is flat.

The hotel is clean and modern, interesting design features arounf the interior. Rooms are nice, but the bathrooms have see-through glass doors which may surprise some people.

The Breakfast buffet was nice and the staff all very helpful.

If you arrive get the Number 17 or 1 tram from the city to the hotel and get off at Surinaplein (Ithink that is how it is spelt) the hotel is just a couple of minutes up the same road.

2 Thank SJS1970
Dear SJS1970,
I have just read your review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind words. With regards to the glass door in the bathroom I can inform you that we also have rooms with frosted glass available!
Kindest Regards,
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Me and my partner went to Amsterdam on the 10th march as it was my 21st birthday on the 11th. After a sight seeing and enjoyable day in Amsterdam we return to out hotel room to find a voucher for complimentary cocktails in the sky at because was my birthday...lovely touch and a great end to a great day. Loved my stay at this hotel and would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank CherylAmy
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Dear CherylAmy,
I’m very happy to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations!. I Thank you for choosing our hotel andfor reccomending it to others! I hope we can welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the near future! Maybe to celebrate your next birthday??
WestCord fashion Hotel
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Myself (19) and boyfriend (24) have just returned from a long weekend in Amsterdam and chose to stay at this hotel. We read on here that it was only a short tram ride into the city centre and the hotel deal was too good to refuse. Well what can I say the hotel room was great! Comfy, tea and coffee making facilities (for a much needed brew on arrival), tv, hairdryer etc etc! Oh and a FREE safe and FREE wifi which you don't often get. Hotel staff were friendly - they let us check in early, they sent a postcard for me and were generally pleasant. And upon arrival in our room we were greeted by a bottle of prossecco, roses, chocolates and strawberries for our anniversary (free of charge) all were lovely and much appreciated! The breakfast was delicious with a wide selection! We were BnB, I've heard it's a bit pricey if you buy it separately so go BnB definitely! We also visited the Skyy bar on our first night as there was a dj playing - upon arrival it was really busy and there was nowhere to sit - the barman said he'd bring our drinks over so I told him we would find a seat upstairs - he notified me there was a private party upstairs but said he would find us a table - 2 mins later he did and gave us great service. Drinks are a bit pricey in the bar about 10 euros for a small cocktail but delicious all the same.

Trams!
We got the number 17 tram everyday from the stop outside the hotel 'Derkinderenstraat' or something very similar haha which past by the main attractions i.e 'Westermarkt' where Anne Frank's house is, 'Dam' which as it says is dam square and 'Amsterdam Centraal' which is where all the tram and train stops are. The number 1 tram also takes you to these places but somehow the route seemed longer and they didn't seem to come as often.

Other trams -

- number 9 takes you to Remembrant Square (sorry awful spelling) and also Leidsplein where there are quite a few restaurants and bars including Hard Rock Cafe

- number 16 and 24 take you too the heineken experience - apologise I can't remember the name of the stop but it's about 2 stops after dam (where we got on it)

also there are late busses and if you get your travel pass from a shop in the centre - there is one opposite the train station - you will pay for travel on all trams and busses, I think this cost me around 35 euros for two people for 72 hours. I found having access to the trams was much easier than attempting to find my way around with a map, which I'm awful at!

Anyways I'm blabbing on now! But yes we had an excellent stay, the service was great, clean towels and bed sheets everyday and a lovely spacious hotel room. Oh and the glass shower door thing isn't as bad as everyone makes out! It steams up very quickly and you can't see in our out of it.

If you have anymore questions please feel free to contact me! Hope this helps :)

p.s I would highly recommend the book 'Amsterdam encounter' a lonely planet book which includes a map and tells you all the top attractions, bars, restaurants, coffeee shops etc! oh and it's small so fits in your handbag!

9 Thank jaderebecca
Dear jaderebecca,
Thank you very much for your kind and enthusiastic words in your review! It was a delight to read you enjoyed your stay so much! I will share your comments with my entire team, who I am sure will read them with pride!
Thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your anniversary. It has been a pleasure welcoming you to our hotel, and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back next time!