“Very bad location.”

WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #35 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 May 2013

The hotel itself is very average and the rooms are quite clean and nice.
Service was not so nice, the reseptionist spoke english with a bad accent and when I didn't first understand she was frustrated, they also will block an extra 100 euros from your credit card so it's not for quarantee only.
They say that the tram goes just next to the hotel but the nearest stop is far away, I think it is over 500 meters away and your have to walk in the windy bridge in the middle of nowhere.

Room Tip: Dont stay near the SKYY bar in the 10th floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Dear HotelguyFinland,
Thank you for posting this review on Tripadvisor.
Your comments are of great importance and will help us in our efforts to continuously improve the standards you may expect from us.
Therefore your remarks are very much appreciated.
It has been a pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to welcoming you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam.
Kindest Regards,
WestCord fashion Hotel

Reviewed 10 May 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights last August, and it was a great experience.

Very easy to get to by the tram, and not too far away from central station and other tourist spots. We checked in early and had no hassel doing so, and our room was faultless, apart from the stripe of frosted glass on the bathroom door (rest clear), which was unexpected.

The spa and steam room which was included in the price was a peacful experience, and the swimming pool was good also, however it was small.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lewis H

Dear Lewis H,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments. I will share your feedback with my entire team. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam. We are looking forward welcoming you again as our guest in the near future!
Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights at this hotel. Rooms are great, staff and service is fab. The location seems a bit far out of the city but being closer the airport with great transport links and the nearby tram stops are all benefits to this location. Of recommend taking tram 1 from the hotel as it passes through some good streets for shopping and eating.
If I was being picky I'd say the mattress was very firm.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear GerardPC,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay! I will pass your compliments to my entire team! Thank you for staying with us I do hope top get the chance to welcome you again as our guests!
WestCord fashion Hotel

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed one night in the WC and enjoyed it from the first to the last minute. The hotel is some 5-6 km away from the first "Gracht" but there's the tram that brings you there in less than 10' (line nr 1) or, even better, being in the NLs, just rent a bike. The sunny May-days made our cycling in Amsterdam a real delight (it's a kinda flat ... and the bike lanes are fantastic, but beware, the locals generally put in some more speed).You can rent bikes at the hotel or, if lots of people have the same idea, in a nr of other places throughout the city. We hired two funny but good orange bikes in the road leading into the city center (Overtoom) after having strolled through the amazing Vondelpark. As to the hotel. Reception was very friendly and with the "primacy effect" that set the tone. The room is very well equiped, spacey, fashionable. Beds are really good. There's an automated minibar (never seen such before in a room) and you can get ice from a machine in the hallway, quite funny. The breakfast was of the best I had in any hotel. We didn't eat lunch nor dinner in the hotel (no bitterballen) nor took a swim or went in the sauna, but we for sure will do that a next time as we will come back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Dear RichardBelgium,
Thank you for staying with us! I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! I will share your compliments with my entire team! Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! I do agree that a bike is the best transport to discover Amsterdam! I do hope to get the change to welcome you again as our guests in the near future!

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Why would you want to pay the extra money to stay in central Amsterdam? This hotel is great. The prices are reasonable and you are away from the hellish crowds in the centre. Tram is dead easy (you can buy day tickets at the hotel). Amsterdam is best seen on bike anyway, and the bikes rented by the hotel are good quality. The immediate area is nice, vondelpark very close, and it is easier to arrive via lelylaan station than Amsterdam central. Brilliant.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Akclubb
Thank you for staying with us! It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor! I do agree that a bike is the best transport to discover Amsterdam! Hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 1 May 2013

This hotel will not disappoint in any way.

The decor is contemporary, rooms are immaculate and this may sound strange but the bathroom is amazing.

It isn't centrally located but you see so much on the tram ride in that you have to get off and explore (get a 24 hr ticket for 7.50)

The cocktails in the skyybar are great, definitely worth getting one of those special blue ones that they do.

The staff are lovely, cannot fault them in anyway and one guy even ordered us a pizza in the early hours after room service had stopped.

We had bed and breakfast and the food was fresh and tasty, far nicer than anything that you can get in the UK.

When in Dam Square make sure you stop for Argentinian food (we went to Cau and would recommend to anyone). Take money for shopping, the retail opportunity is far better than you would expect, we spent a fortune!

Most places also have Wifi, including the hotel.

If you're getting the train to the hotel from Schiphol make sure you get your ticket to Lelylaan instead of Centraal. It's just a short walk away and your ticket will be cheaper. Then the nearest tram stop is Surinameplein (trams 1 and 17)

You'll definitely get more for your money by staying in the Westcord fashion than you would in one of the hotels in town and you are guaranteed a clean and friendly hotel with no sleaze!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelsenorita17

Dear Betnh17,
Thank you very much for your kind and enthusiastic words in your review! It was a delight to read you enjoyed your stay so much! I will share your comments with my entire team, who I am sure will read them with pride!
Thank you for choosing our hotel. It has been a pleasure welcoming you to our hotel, and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back next time!

Reviewed 1 May 2013

We stayed in the "Fashion" hotel just after Easter. A new hotel in a very good shape. Even the building of a modern, sometimes very personality - poor architecture is pretty.
Location wise I wouldn‘t agree with so many reviews here. I do agree that it‘s only 15 minutes to the very centre, however I didn‘t enjoy the route at all - those are not the best surroundings of Amsterdam, sorry I did discover so many much more beautiful faces of it. And the tram stop is something like 0.8 - 1 km away from the hotel.
The welcome at the reception was just fast food taste. Nowadays, in the era of communication I‘d expect a more personal touch. For me a really good hotel is a symbiotic of a good sleeping quality and excellent hospitality. Putting a good mattress in the room it‘s not enough anymore. fortunately.
The room was very modern and in a good condition. The bathroom was just awesome! Equipped with a bathtub and shower. spacious and clean. I wouldn‘t want more.
Honestly I didn‘t enjoy so much the fashion decoration either. Not my taste - too kitschi and cheap, I would prefer a descent hall, for sure.
We didn‘t take any breakfast and were so happy about it - Amsterdam is just full of nice small-big size cafes with very cozy family concepts, nothing of conventional Starbucks style. Which I enjoy. Always.
After all I would give a good mark for the hotel, simply because they do care about their property, the quality of the hardware is nice, I would just improve the software.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear natzar,
I have just read your review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind words, and also for pointing out in which areas we could make improvements! It’s nice to read that you like our bathroom so much. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcome you back in the future!