“A perfect hotel for a birthday trip”

WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #31 of 366 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
“A perfect hotel for a birthday trip”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I took my boyfriend to Amsterdam for his birthday in October and booked this hotel. It's a little out of the city centre but the trams were so easy to use. Hotel was beautiful, our room was huge. The bed was so comfortable- I had the best night's sleep I've had in a long time. Made use of the pool, which was calm and relaxing. The staff were friendly and helpful. Couldn't have asked for anything more!

1 Thank Manchester147
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Manchester147,
Thank you for sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your birthday trip at our hotel so much! Thank you for staying, I look forward to welcome you again as our guests in the near future!
Nico Evers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

I've stayed with my parents in XL Room. Spacious, clean en stylish. But when you see bathroomdoor, you will know this room is not for not-couples. Door are just glass, so you can see person taking shower or using toillet:-s Watercooker was stylish, but broken, and lights were not really smart spread in the room. Breakfast was great! Location is by tram 15min from center. I would recomend this hotel for couples badly in love :) Less for families!

Stayed November 2013
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Dear Mirooke,
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. I’m very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay so much. With regards to your comment about the glass in the bathroom I can inform you that we have bathrooms with frosted glass available and most of our rooms have a separate toilet. Thank you for recommending it to others! I look forward to welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the future!
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Just returned from a weekend in Amsterdam with my boyfriend. The rooms were lovely and we found the reception staff very welcoming and helpful. Also, I must say the beds are very comfortable, one of the best sleeps I have had! The hotel is slightly out of the center but we didn't find this to be a problem at all as the tram stop is just along the road and only takes about 10-15 mins into the center and Leidseplein where a lot of bars and clubs are is even closer! I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Amsterdam as for the price we paid it was definitely value for money! In fact we plan on returning to Amsterdam in the near future and staying in this hotel again! I normally never fill out reviews but was so impressed with this hotel that I felt I should!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Lyndsey A,
I'm very happy that you decided to write a review about your experiences on Tripadvisor! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! Thank you for staying and for recommending! Your compliments about our breakfast are very appreciated! It’s great to learn that you will return! That’s the best compliment we can get! Looking forward to meet you again soon!
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Very comfortable business hotel very located on the west side of the city , close to central station , airport and port but a bit far from downtown. Very helpful and friendly staff . Good option for business meetings and stays.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank TMERIC
Dear TIMERIC,
Thank you for your short and clear review on Tripadvisor! I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again to the WestCord Fashion!
WestCord fashion Hotel
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I booked 3 nights at this hotel for myself and my mum, when we arrived (with not to much trouble from the airport, just a 10 min train ride, and then a 15 min walk) it was mid morning and as the room was ready we were allowed to check in early. We were both very pleased with the room, it was modern,clean and very comfortable. We found our way around with no problems, the tram stop to dam square and the centre was a 10 min walk away and the trams were frequent.The hotel reception staff were wonderful and went out their way to help with anything you asked for or needed, especially Johnny who was really friendly and helpful. We decided to have breakfast at the hotel one morning,and even though it was pricey at 19 euros, the choice was excellent and the food was fresh. We used the hotel pool and the bar and again the staff here were very pleasant. All in all this was one of the nicest and friendliest hotels I have stayed in and all the staff deserve credit. I would definately book it again and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Debra L
Dear Debra L,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I’m delighted to read that we are one of the nicest and friendliest hotels you have stayed in! Your compliments for my team are very appreciated! As a General Manager I’m very proud to have such dedicated team members! I will share your review with all of them. I’m sure Johnny and the rest of the team will read it with pride! Thank you for staying and for recommending. It’s great that you will return!
Poland europe
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I would surely recommend this hotel. It is very elegant, clean, the stuff is professional and nice and helpful.we came to celebrate my husbands 30th birthday which was a surprise for him.before our come I told the hotel stuff that this was a very important travel and occasion for us. We got the card with an birthday invitation for 2 to the sky bar for drinks-it was very nice of the hotel, cause in many other places they kept on 'forgetting' about special request, but not here!! The location of the hotel is very good-about 4km to the city centre, or 5min to the tram stop which drives regularly and takes you directly to the city in few minutes. We we're satisfied about the hotel and our stay and would sincerely recommend it!! We would love to come back some other time!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Mimonamary,
Thank you for nice review on Tripadvisor. I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and our birthday treat! Thank you for staying and for recommending our hotel to future guests. I hope that we get the chance to welcome you again when your travel plans bring you back to Amsterdam.
Kerry
Reviewed 29 October 2013

One of the better hotels I've stayed in. I received a handwritten note from the manager wishing me a happy birthday and a cocktail voucher for my wife and I upon arrival.
Now that's what I call a nice touch!

The hotel is welcoming, spacious, clean, comfortable, friendly... I could go on.

We spent the first night in the Sky bar as we had a late check-in. The food was delicious, the cocktails were good too.

We felt the hotel location was fine. We used the tram a lot which was close by and that dropped us into Dam square quickly. We usually headed back to the hotel in the afternoon to rest and change and then would hop on the tram again that evening to head back into town.

We didn't use the spa facilities or eat breakfast which we felt was expensive @ €19 each.

A great stay overall.

Dear darharard,
Thank you for nice review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and you enjoyed our birthday treat! I’m I hope that we may have the chance to welcome you again in the near future both for business and pleasure!
General manager