“Beautiful”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Gorgeous / stylish hotel. Beautiful / big rooms with very comfy bed. Easy reach of main centre on tram. Lovely pool / facilities - highly recommend! Wish we had more time to spend here, definitely visit the SKYY Bar on the 10th floor - stunning and romantic on an evening

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Emma J,
“Beautiful”, what a great start of a review! Thank you for staying with us and for your compliments. I’m delighted to read that our hotel and it’s staff have met your expectations. Thank you for recommending it to others! I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again soon!
Nico Evers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed here three nights and cannot fault anything. Very handy to Trams (Nos 1 & 17) so City Centre easy to get to (15 - 20 minutes to Dam Sq.) Used the pool ,which had excellent facilities, every morning . Great start to the day. Breakfast catered for all tastes. Reception staff very professional and helpful. Bedroom was well furnished and very comfortable. The bathroom had a walk-in shower (not the usual over the bath tub) as well as a large bath. Had to contact Management on my return home over a mix up over my bill but this was sorted out . ( Thank you Elles and Nico).I will be in Amsterdam next Spring and will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear MM2652,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you will return next year. That’s the best compliment we can get! I’m very happy that the mix up over your bill has been sorted! I look forward to your next visit!
WestCord fashion Hotel
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

i only stayed 2 nights but it was very nice.
15 min from central station in tramway (awesome, you pass through lovely parts of Amsterdam)

Breakfast is great, the bar at the roof was very good (maybe a little expensive).

Ask for Johnny at the reception !! Cool guy :)

Room Tip: i saw a comment about the noise when your room is looking on the street but i never heard the cars...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear juliensergent,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I’m delighted to read that we you enjoyed your stay! Your compliments for our breakfast and Skyy Bar are very appreciated! I will share your review with the rest of the Fashion team. I’m sure Johnny and the rest of the team will read it with pride! Thank you for staying and for recommending.
inverness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I am just back from a three night stay in this hotel, it was excellent, the rooms were very well decorated, staff were very helpful and friendly and it was just far out of town to escape. The trams were easy to manage and we had a great time. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: we had a room directly under the sky bar (we were given the option at check in) we were not bothered...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Isla r
Dear Isla r,
Thank you for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that we have met your expectations and that you rate us with 5 out of 5! I will share your feedback with my entire team! It’s great to read that you will return! That’s the biggest compliment we can get.
Kindest regards
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

This was a great hotel in all departments. From the excellent, friendly but very professional reception, the comfortable well furnished and quiet bedrooms, the great restaurant staff and food....everything....what's not to like?
The restaurant waiting staff in particular gave a very excellent service, and were very knowledgable.
We hoped and it turned out to be the case, that being quite a way from the city centre, it would not be full of 'hens' and 'stags'.
On the point of location, it was excellent. Easy to get into town on the 1 and 17 trams which run past the hotel. Taking advantage of the very good value travel cards made tram travel easy. It was close to the museum district. Equally, when we preferred, taxi was easy and accessible.
Overall, a really good experience and one I have no hesitation in recommending

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Planaid,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5. Your compliments about Fashion’s Bar and Restaurant are very appreciated and will be shared with the team. I look forward to your next visit!
WestCord fashion Hotel
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel because the room and bathroom were very well designed. The pool in the basement is awesome! The staff...well, they could be friendlier. Every inquiry was met with mild annoyance. Luckily, I was there meeting people who knew the city so I didn't have to rely on them as much as I might have if was traveling alone. I suspect there are places just as nice with a nicer staff. It's a bit off the beaten path, but easy to get to by tram.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear ekimberle,
Thank you for staying with us! I’m very happy to read your compliments about our rooms and pool. I’m very sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction about my team. I kindly ask you to be more specific, please sent a mail to nico.evers@westcordhotels.nl. As a General Manager I find it very important to develop all team members to guarantee the highest level of guest satisfaction.
Please allow us the chance to welcome you back as our guest in the future.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Noordwijk, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Our company used this location for a global conference. Colleagues from all over the world stayed here for four or five days. It has a nice atmosphere and the rooms are good. Parking facilities are good. Hotel service is professional and could be a more personal although the size of the hotel makes this possibly a bit difficult. The breakfast, lunch and diner offer more than sufficient choices for all sorts of food. The various meeting rooms are fine. There's just one meeting location which requires you to walk outside, which is during winter and rain not practical. Other than that it's a good place to go and stay for a few days.

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear Oswin v,
I have just read your review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind words. Your compliments for our hotel and facilities are very welcome! It was a pleasure having you and your colleagues as our guests for 5 days! I look forward to welcome you again in the future!
Kindest Regards,