“Lovely hotel for exploring the city - on the outskirts!”

WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #36 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel was much better than I expected. I booked it as it was a really reasonable price and the pictures looked good - when I got there I was so shocked by how nice it was for the money I spent and what I was expecting. It was my boyfriends birthday and I let the hotel know in advance and when we got to our room we had a bottle of prosecco and some chocolates and macaroons. Was all on the house! We also had a voucher for the sky bar to get free cocktails - and the views from here are incredible as well as being a really nice bar. Was quite quiet in the bar so I wouldn't suggest staying there for more than one.

The beds were comfy, the bathrooms were really clean and the hotel is only about 15 minutes on the tram into the center or about 25 minute walk from the centre through some lovely parks. I was happy to walk as it was really sunny, but if you want to be closer to the center then I wouldn't suggest this hotel as it isn't central.

Room Tip: Get a room as high up in the hotel as possible for the views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fayew21
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear fayew21,
Thank you for sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and our birthday gifts so much! Thank you for staying, I look forward to welcome you again as our guests in the near future!
Nico Evers

Write a ReviewReviews (4,182)

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Very nice hotel with a more modern feel. Some of the rooms have a nice view looking out over the city...if you can snag one of those its really pretty at sunset! The hotel is fairly close to the city, but right next to a few forms of public transportation to take you right in. Worth the money for sure!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Eric D

Dear Eric D,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments. I will share your feedback with my entire team. Thank you for your comment with regards to our location. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam. We are looking forward welcoming you again as our guest in the near future!
Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We'd read the reviews before booking and weren't disappointed. Hotel check in was smooth and efficient. Staff were helpful and informative. The rooms are really nicely done decor wise. We stayed board only so can't comment on the food or restaurant but the Sky Bar was good and quite quirky.
The location of the hotel is really convenient, on one of the main straights so convenient from the airport and to go get in and out of the main tourist centres. Being away from the main drags there was no sign of hen and stag parties so a nice place to lay your head after a hard day of sightseeing.
The pool in the hotel is a good size but use of the sauna is at a charge.
The rooms and all communal areas were kept really clean and tidy.
All round good choice of hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laura_K1984

Dear Laura_K1984,
I just read your review on Tripadvisor and I would like to thank you for your compliments. I’m very happy that you rate us with 5 out of 5. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests when your travel plans bring you back to Amsterdam.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Just came back from a three night stay , very chilled out hotel, lovely food the staff couldn't be nicer in all the bars and the reception.. didn't get to sample the restaurant but the menu looks great it was my birthday and myself and my partner enjoyed a lovely cocktail on the house to celebrate! recommend the sky bar for yummy cocktails served by the lovely mixologist mark I think that's his name ( it was a little bit away from the city but we got a 3 day tram ticket which was well used and great value.. Well done fashion hotel on a lovely stay:)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nonamepet

Dear lisa k,
“Top class staff”, what a great start of a review! Thank you for staying with us and for your compliments. I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your birthday cocktails! I will share your feedback with my entire team. I’m sure that especially Marc and his colleagues will all be proud to read it. As a General Manager I’m very happy to have such dedicated team members. Thank you for recommending it to others! I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Located near Lelylan train station and Vondelpark, this hotel is not far from the Centre and eel connected with tram to the Centre and with train to Schiphol airport. The rooms are big.and well appointed. It has all the needed facilities including a nightclub on the top floor. The service is great. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank aniljain44

Dear aniljain44,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you will return. That’s the best compliment we can get! I’m very happy with your comment about our location! I look forward to your next visit!
WestCord fashion Hotel

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is an excellent hotel for the price. Large and well furnished rooms, very helpful staff, always trying to make you feel comfortable. Although close to Schipol airport and 15 minutes by tram from city center, you still have to walk 10 minutes to the closest tram stop.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daniel g
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear daniel g,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5. Your compliments are very appreciated and will be shared with my entire team. I look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I booked a 3 night stay at this hotel to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday on the strength of Trip Advisor recommendations so we were coming here with very high expectations :)
The first thing that surprised us was it's location. It was about a 5-7 minute car ride from the airport (a positive) and was located on/in a busy network of roads in an anonymous business/residential area which feels it could anywhere in the world - if this makes sense? Of course we were fully aware of its location before we went but it was a bit weird nevertheless!
Anyway, once inside we were impressed by the luxury look and feel of the hotel and especially by the warm welcome we received from Joey, one of the reception staff :) our check in was efficient, thorough and friendly and covered everything we needed to know to commence our stay. Our allocated room 522 was on the 5th floor of the hotel overlooking the rear of the hotel and a communal garden area of the apartment blocks that are adjacent to the hotel. I cannot stress how quiet and peaceful this hotel and it's rooms are :) you literally cannot hear a pin drop here day or night which for us, who live in central London, was fabulous !!! The room was clean and well appointed, the bathroom and toilet are separate and the bathroom did have the much reported glass door and glass window that looks through into the bedroom but none of these caused us any problems in terms of privacy. The only negative thingsI can stay about the room is the horrible hard pillows and the leatherette cushions and bed cover which were certainly not to my taste - an exercise in style over substance I'm afraid in my opinion.
We did go down and explore the stylish pool and spa areas and used the pool (which is free of charge to hotel residents). The pool was 1.4m deep thorough out making it excellent for poor swimmers like me, the poolside area was well equipped with plenty of loungers, and seating, showers and fantastic underfloor heating! There were also a sauna, gym and various beauty treatment rooms but there is a charge incurred for their use. We did not gave time to utilize these :(
Whilst we did not have an evening meal at the hotel we did have breakfast which was fab! A really wide range of cereals, fruit, juices, jams and spreads, teas and coffees, breads and pastries, continental meals and cheeses as well as a full English breakfast option.
The only slight criticisms I have regarding the breakfast experience are that the hot food items were not keep particularly hot by the overhead lights thereby rendering them lukewarm and unpleasant :( and the excellent ability of the waiting staff to be vastly unfriendly and to ignore tables full of dirty crockery and leftover food on tables despite the restaurant being nearly empty !! We did venture up to the Sky Bar on the 10th floor as we had been given tickets for 2 complimentary tickets for cocktails on account of it being my wife's birthday. The staff were friendly and the service slow but the evening views from the bar were absolutely wonderful and worth going up for but we found the cocktails to be rather expensive (had we paid) and rather short on measures :( The bar decor whilst stunning was a bit too blingy for our tastes so was not an environment we visited again during our visit. Beware, there are bedrooms up on the 10th floor directly adjacent to the bar which must be horrifically noisy to stay in during the club nights they hold :( bear this in mind if offered one of these!
As the hotel is located some 15 mins or so outside Amsterdam, you will need to catch a tram into the city centre. The tram stop for trams 1 &17 is located about a 5 minute walk away from the hotel - hotel staff will give your directions as well as a map of Amsterdam and sell you travel cards to use on the trams. The trams run very frequently and you can hop on and off whenever you like. The tram system is fairly easy to learn how to use and we were soon old hands at finding our way around:)
The only truly negative experience we had during our stay was that, on our return to our room one day, we found our room had not been serviced or refreshed. We called down to Reception to report the problem only to be told that Housekeeping had gone home for the night so our room could not be cleaned ! It was inferred that the reason our room hadn't been cleaned was that we had put a DND sign on our room - we had NOT!! A member of staff bought us up some fresh towels and toiletries but we would have preferred for the room to have been cleaned - surely this is not too much to ask for a 4* hotel ???? This episode rather spoilt the stay for us, especially when on reporting the problem to Reception again the next morning to ensure our room was definitely serviced, we were again accused of putting up the DND sign on our room!!!! Grrrrrrr :(
Anyway, this aside we had a lovely stay at this hotel. We enjoyed its location away from the hustle and bustle of central Amsterdam but within easy reach of all the attractions. The staff, on the whole were friendly, knowledgable and efficient and the hotel quiet, clean and relaxing. Luxury at a budget price!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Katalin R

Dear Katalin_webster,
I have just read your review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind words. Your compliments for our hotel and facilities are very welcome! I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with housekeeping. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcome you again in the near future!
Kindest Regards,