“Another most enjoyable stay”

WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #35 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Really enjoyed our third stay at the Fashion Hotel. Good quality room, excellent service from the staff and a good breakfast each morning. Transport to Amsterdam and other areas excellent and so easy to use. We will be back again next year or sooner.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Mickeyrich,
I'm very happy to have you as a regular guest and I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stays in our hotel so much. Thank you for sharing your experience. Your compliments about my team will be shared with all of them! I look forward to welcome again in the future!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Lovely lovely helpful staff, especially Marik! Really enjoyed our stay in this clean and comfortable hotel. Breakfast slightly expensive especially for a family of 8!! But lots to choose from. Great Mattress.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Marie A,
Thank you for celebrating your birthday with us!
I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5! Thank you for staying and recommending our hotel to others! I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

The Westcord Fashion Hotel is out in the southern part of Amsterdam. It is a 10 minute walk from Amsterdam Lelylaan Station which is a quick 7 minute train ride to the airport.

The hotel is fairly new and rather fun and funky with a fashion theme as it is near to the Amsterdam Fashion centre. Check in was quick and efficient. Our room was ready at noon despite check in being at 3pm.

We had a room on the 10th floor. I was a bit nervous that we would need to change rooms as the Sky Bar is on the same floor and they have a DJ on Friday and Saturdays. As we are not a late night couple the noise potential was not a nice thought. But that being said it was fine - the rooms are well sound proofed from both the highway out side and the bar at the far side of the floor.

The hotel has a good spa and indoor swimming pool. I can't say much about them as we didn't use them.

We also didn't have breakfast included in the room rate so we walked to the nearest coffee bar which was about a mile or so away.

The room was clean and comfortable. The bed was firm but that is fine with me.

The bathroom set up meant that you wouldn't want to share this room with someone you didn't know very well. The toilet was a seperate WC but the shower, bath tub and sink were in a room just off the bed with only a clear glass door - designed more to keep the steam from setting off the smoke alarm rather than providing any privacy.

Towels and toiletries were ok but nothing special. Hot water and water pressure was fabulous!!

There was a kettle but the instant coffee wasn't drinkable.

We like to walk so this hotel worked well for us. The nearest tram stop is the Surinaam Plein which is about 10 minutes away. Lots of good places to eat on Overtoom.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rachellejv,
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. I’m very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. With regards to your comment about the glass in the bathroom I can inform you that we have bathrooms with frosted glass available. I look forward to welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the future!

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

We couldn't fault this hotel, lovely rooms, very helpful staff, super breakfast. I could not think of one negative for this hotel. But, unfortunately it is quite a distance from the centre of Amsterdam. It would be great if they could put a bus stop outside the hotel, normally this would not be a problem but when you have walked around all day, then you want to return to the centre at night it is really tiring. You can always get taxis, but Dutch friends had told us how expensive they are. All in all a great hotel if you are up for lots of walking!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank orangeEssex

Dear orangeEssex,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. I’m very happy that you rate us with 5 out of 5! I'm sorry to read that you had some difficulties with our location. Unfortunately I can't change the location, I can only emphasize that the City Centre is only 10 minutes by tram (Leidseplein). On a bicycle (which we provide for rent) it is only 5 minutes to the Vondelpark. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam and I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guest in the future!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I have to say, considering the amount of time I actually spent in the hotel, it was beautiful and I loved it! I booked the hotel because my friends and I were going to Armin Only in November 2013, and they had a VIP package that included this hotel. I didn't get the package but booked this hotel because I wanted to stay with my friends. Check in was a breeze, and once I got to my room, it took me a while to figure out how to turn on the lights, but once I did, I checked out the room and was very impressed. I was in a standard queen room, and the only thing I found a little weird was that instead of having one queen bed, they had two twin beds pushed together. I liked that the bathroom had both a bathtub and a shower, and it was a large size as well. I definitely noticed how clean the whole room was. My room looked onto the inner courtyard so the view was alright. As I said though I didn't spend much time in the hotel as we spent most of our time at Armin Only. I would have liked to have gone into the pool but I didn't have enough time. The staff were very helpful and accomodating for any requests that either myself or friends may have had.

The hotel is located right by a few tram stops so it makes it easy to get into the centre of town.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear trancebliksem,
Thank you for staying with us! It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor and for recommending it to others! I do Hope to get the possibility to welcome you again as our guest! Maybe during the next concert of Armin?

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Every time when I go to Amsterdam I stay in this hotel.
Rooms are very nice, very nice bar ( only I find a pity that they don't have a extra space for to smoke ) this hotel is also very close to the centre?
Af course I will come again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear EmanuelMarbella,
It's great to have you as a regular guest! I'm delighted to read that you are enjoying your stay’s so much. I thank you for posting your experiences on Tripadvisor and for recommending our hotel to others! I will share your comments with my entire team!
Hope to meet you again soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

This review will be a bit longer that my average one, but I feel I need to justify giving the Fashion Hotel only three stars, while it’s got so much going for it. Why? Read on.

The very first impression I got of the hotel was good. Nice looking entrance, friendly staff. It got better on the way up to our room. Nice carpets everywhere, trendy art on the walls. Once in our room however we were disappointed to find only two beds, while there were three in our party. I had emailed the hotel after booking to specifically ask if the room would be big enough for the third bed for our daughter, so why was it not there on arrival? The hotel knew we would arrive late at night and that we were travelling with a child, so I thought that was very inconsiderate. Staff rectified this reasonably quickly, but it could have been avoided altogether.

Our room was actually very nice and comfortable. The hotel is quite new, so everything looked new and well maintained. The bathroom had a Philippe Starck designed Duravit bath and sink and a walk in shower; very slick. Strange enough the toilet (which is separate from the bathroom, which is great in my opinion) didn’t have a hand wash basin, so you need to go through two doors to wash your hands after using it. This isn’t very hygienic in my opinion and something that isn’t even allowed in Britain (the set up wouldn’t pass Building Control).

Breakfast at the hotel is simply marvellous. Anything you could possibly want to have for breakfast is on offer: cereals, cooked breakfast, bread, rolls, toast, meats and cheeses, fruit, yoghurts, Danish pastries, pancakes, fried, boiled and scrambled eggs – you name it. I even helped myself to a glass of fizz on the morning of my birthday! Do try the chocolate sprinkles on bread, toast, a ryvitta or a crisp bake while you’re in the Netherlands – it’s traditionally Dutch and oh so yummy. There are good deals around on the internet to book this hotel including breakfast, so no need to pay €19 p/p at the hotel.

Not everyone’s priorities are the same of course, but to me a good night’s sleep is essential for an enjoyable stay in a hotel. Our first night (Thursday) was fine, but on Friday and Saturday the place changed from stylish hotel to some sort of youth hostel! In the evenings young people getting ready for a night out went back and forward from room to room, constantly slamming doors. After they had gone out it was nice and peaceful again - until they got back between 5:00 and 6:00 in the morning... I understand that hotels can’t control their guests’ every move, but there are ways to deal with young guests who clearly only come to Amsterdam for one reason – party. They could give them rooms together on the separate floor, away from families, for example. What the hotel should also do is close the doors after a certain time at night, and when a group of people arrive back at the hotel after a night of drinking, get some bouncers to escort them to their room and make sure they’re quiet. That will cost money, but you can’t have it both ways. Either that, or set up a youth hostel next door.

I would definitely go back to this hotel, but only if they would guarantee no noise, or a full refund.

Room Tip: Don't know if all rooms are the same, but I'm not sure if I would have felt comfortable in o...