“Weekend away with friends”

WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #33 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel was every thing we expected it to be. Staff very attentive and friendly . Reception very welcoming, speedy check in. Rooms spacious , nicely furnished . Good size shower in the bathroom. Plenty of storage in the room. Large comfortable beds. 'Sky Bar' on the 10th floor, well worth visiting. Music and drinks until 2am.. We didn't use the spa or pool as no time, but we did look round it, very nice. We knew the hotel was outside of the city centre, but it didn't cause any problems. Trams run into the city centre every 5/10 mins. Tram numbers 1 and 17. Pick the trams up a short walk from the hotel. We would definitely recommend this hotel , and would stay here again if we revisited Amsterdam.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Beverley D,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you will return. That’s the biggest compliment we can get! Thank you for recommending the WestCord Fashion. I look forward to your next visit!
WestCord fashion Hotel

There are newer reviews for WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel in March and from check in to checkout all was excellent. It is near the tram links into centre of town and attractions which are very easy to use,the hotel staff sell the tickets and keep you right on what trams to get and what deals are good.
The hotel itself was spotless clean, the room decor was excellent, bathroom even had walls! as I had seen some other reviews which didnt, my friend and I were both relieved!
We had breakfast included and if you are going you definetly have to add the breakfast, was outstanding,lovedthe hot chocolate,Prosecco and the unlimted choice of hot and cold foods. The only down side was the bar, service not great, waited ages to be acknowledged and then final got served, but dont let that put you off, this hotel is worth the bar wait.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lorraine1096493
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Lorraine1096493,
“Simply fab!” what a good start for a review! Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5. Your compliments are very appreciated and will be shared with my entire team. I look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here for 2 night recently and really enjoyed it.
The hotel is modern, clean, quiet, and the staff are friendly.

It is 15 minutes from the airport in a taxi, costing 30 euro.

Access to the city centre from the hotel is very straight forward.
The nearest Metro station is 5 minute walk from the hotel.
Then it is 12-15 minutes to the city centre by Metro.

1  Thank roderv

Dear roderv,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments. I will share your feedback with my entire team. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam. We are looking forward welcoming you again as our guest in the near future!
Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I wanted a hotel that was quiet, comfortable, high quality and affordable, and WestCord met these expectations for me.

Positives - helpful staff, very clean, well functioning, great SkyBar, on 2 tram lines, walk to the beautiful Rembrandt Park and Vogel Park, free umbrellas at door, sells 4 day travel cards.

Negatives - uncomfortable pillows, a bit far and I got tired after 3 days of travelling into the city.... but cheaper because of this.

Room Tip: No tips, only saw one room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Plarter,
Thank you for staying with us! It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor and for recommending it to others! I do Hope to get the possibility to welcome you again as our guest!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We booked our stay very last minute and the hotel certainly met our expectations. It was a simple ride from Central Station on the 1 or 17 tram. We actually only took the 1 tram the entire time though. Loved the fact that we were even able to rent bikes from the hotel at 8pm in the night. The rooms were very cute, spacious enough and clean. All of the hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Loved the stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear AhyianaAngel,
I am delighted to read that the we have met your expectations and that you hired our bikes to explore Amsterdam. As an Amsterdam citizen I can guarantee you that a bike is the best way to travel in our city! Thank you for choosing our hotel! I do hope we can welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the near future!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have just come back from a weekend stay at this hotel and have not one bad thing to say about it! Even though it's not right on top of the city centre it's easily accessible to everything and can be in the city centre in 20 minutes you can get tram tickets that will last your whole stay. These run quite late and are a short walk from the hotel. The staff were great and couldn't be more helpful it was my birthday and they also treated me to cocktails in there stylish skyy bar! The actual hotel is super modern and the rooms are everything you need, the bed is amazing!! I will definitely be coming back to Amsterdam and wouldn't look any further than staying at this hotel!

1  Thank Sophie H

Dear Sophie H,
“Perfect trip” what a good start for a review! Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5. Your compliments are very appreciated and will be shared with my entire team. I look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Comfortable rooms well equiped. No noise despite close to a motorway. Convenient location for visiting Amsterdam over the week end. Bike rental available at a very reasonable price. Competent staff.
Very nice swimming pool open from 7-8 am till 10 pm.

1  Thank Pascale Y