WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
US$262
US$248
NH Hotels
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$260
US$241
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$100
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$156
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
4,381 results
All reviewssky barskyy bartram stopcity centregreat hotellelylaan stationswimming poolwest cordglass doorseparate toiletminute walkvending machineday passmini bartop floorpublic transportschiphol airport
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Upon arriving our room was not ready, that's fine, so we headed into town (meaning a ten minute walk to the tram and another 15 minute tram ride into city) and left our luggage. They handled this alright - except for the fact that the person helping us forgot to mention that they were TURNING OFF THE WATER THAT NIGHT THROUGH THE NEXT MORNING. When we returned to the hotel we overheard another employee mentioning to another guest that the water would be turned off and that they had left a complimentary water bottle in his room (I suppose you are supposed to shower with a water bottle?) - either way, we did not receive a complimentary water bottle but could buy one in the lobby for 3 euros. The bathroom had a disgusting brown liquid splashed all over the tile on the wall next to the bathtub - and smelled perfumey, not as in a clean smell - but a cover up smell. We dealt with the less than convenient hotel until the last day when we asked for a late checkout. They advised that for a 2pm checkout (when we would leave to the airport) we would need to pay 10 euros - and we agreed. However, apparently they do not handle late checkouts often because our key had been disabled when we returned to the hotel. When going to get it reactivated we encountered an employee with a master key coming up to our room who advised us that we missed chekout and were supposed to leave. When we let them know we had asked for a 2pm checkout for 10 euro extra they said ok and left. As I was packing, showering, and getting ready to head to the airport the phone rang three times consecutively - another employee asking why we were still there and if we were staying an extra night. I still do not understand the lack of communication among employees and inability to understand the concept of a late chekcout which they were so quick to charge extra for. Finally, we left, but it did not end there. Upon leaving I paid city taxes and the extra charge for late checkout in cash - in order to avoid any further errors on their part as it seems they are unable to do much correctly. Well, I am currently disputing a charge from them on my credit card. The hotel was paid prior to our arrival through a travel agency we booked our trip with, and all other fees were paid by myself in person in cash upon departure. I have NO IDEA what these people could possibly be charging me for. DO NOT STAY HERE. I wish I could go back and change to a different hotel in order to make my experience in amsterdam a more pleasurable one. The employees showed clear preference to certain customers and were clearly not well trained on public relations or even the working of the hotel industry. And clearly, they have no problem making unauthorized charges on their guests credit cards, either. Save yourself the headache, and book elsewhere.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank VML444
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear VML444,
First of all I would like to thank you for staying with us. I’m very sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction as we strive to fulfill and meet the needs of all our guests. With regards to the problem with the water I would like to explain the following. Unfortunately we needed emergency maintenance at our water circulation system. We decided to perform this during the night between 0.00 and 05.00 o’clock. All rooms received an explanation and apology letter with two bottles of water. The letter also stated that we had plenty of extra complementary water available upon request. The Chief Engineer of the WestCord Fashion and myself have been present all night to handle all requests, complaints and manage the works. The water system worked again at 05.00 o’clock and I did not receive any complaint or request.
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused and do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests in the future. I will guarantee you that our water circulation system will work fine.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We have just checked out from Westcord fashion hotel after lovely 4 days.
It's very close from the airport and easy to reach, just follow the instructions on the website and you will be fine. The check-in is at 3:00pm, so if you are arriving early it may be a bit tricky. We were, however allowed an early check in.
Coming to the hotel, the rooms are fantastic - good size, clean and beautiful.
Yes, the location may not be very central but it is really convenient - you can reach everywhere in about 10-15min.
The hotel is about 5 min walk from surinamplien tram station which connects to all the main attraction in a matter of few minutes.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. We were celebrating our anniversary and they arranged for a beautiful surprise when we returned back to the room..
All in all a good stay and I would definitely return back!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Remyal,
Thank you for staying with us! I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! I will share your compliments with my entire team! Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor and for coming back in the future! That’s the best recommendation we can get!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

As many people have mentioned this hotel is not centrally located - I have to say do not let this deter you from staying here. It is a modern, fresh hotel with fair sized rooms and excellent, clean bathrooms (good water pressure too!). Trams #1 and #17 are within a three minute walk to the hotel (all located along the same street) and the trams run very consistently which can take you to Leidesplein in 10 minutes (or less) and Centraal Station in 20.
The minor annoyance I did have, was from the noise on the Skyy Bar. The bar itself is located on the 10th floor and our room was on the 9th; so for the Saturday night when they have a DJ we could hear the beat / music in our room until after 2am. Fortunately, we were exhausted and it didn't bother us too much but if I were not jetlagged it may have been a different story ...

Room Tip: Stay in a lower level room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hannah B

Dear Hannah B,
Thank you for staying with us! It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay so much. Your comment about the Skyybar is are highly appreciated. We finished the works to make the Skyybar more sound proof last week! Thank you for recommending the WestCord Fashion to others, I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I've been at the Westcord in the middle of May; the room was perfect, clean and not noisy.
The staff was kind in all my requestes. The hotel is not far away from the tram stop (lines 1 and 17, both of them leading to the city center). The breakfast was complete and full of alternatives.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear ziotto80,
Thank you for staying with us! It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor and for recommending it to others! I do Hope to get the possibility to welcome you again as our guest!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Arrived Friday evening in May, booked an 'electric taxi' online before leaving the UK, (taxi's can be a bit hit and miss in the Dam, only get one from a rank and remember you don't have to pick the one at the front but the one that you like the best, never get in an unsolicited taxi, only one sitting at a designated rank). Anyway past experience and recommendation meant I booked mine through these guys, they text you when you arrive and tell you where they are waiting (switch off airplane mode as soon as you can!?), no hassle and zero stress - www.taxielectric.nl - or call them 088-100 44 44 (they all speak better English than me) pre- paid approximately 32€, check in was easy, the hotel clean, tidy and everything you'd expect from 4stars, (swipe your room card after you get in lift or it won't work!?), air conditioning, mini bar, iron, ironing board, kettle, limited room service until 11pm only, (breakfast in bed 20€ pp) hair dryer, telephone and tv with several English channels, several occasional chairs and a good size with plenty of storage (twin/double deluxe) but it's located in a residential district, in fact we overlooked residential apartments which didn't bother me but it might bother others, with little to no local restaurants but a great bar on the top floor called the 'sky bar' and a decent restaurant on the ground floor with some external terraces with parking, pool and spa facilities in the basement (didn't have time to check these out, sorry!).

Best way of reaching the heart of the Dam is the Tram, the 1 and 17 can be caught at stops within minutes of leaving the hotel. Get a 24 hour (7€), 48 hour, 72 hour card at the hotel reception, (the trams only sell 24hr passes, or they did when I asked!? And please remember to swipe when you get on and swipe when you get off, they call it check in/out (Oyster card users will know what I mean) otherwise a door might close on you!?). My preferences is the number 1 and it's like you 'surf' into the centre of the town and can easily get off right by the main square. Both the 1 and 17 end at Central Station so you simply can't get lost but always have a map or hand held satnav as the dam can be tricky to the first time visitor to navigate. It would take an hour to walk what you can ride in 10, be warned the last trams leave central station between midnight and 12.30am after that it's a night bus or a long, long walk home.......

We loved it and would definitely base ourselves there again.

Room Tip: The East facing units look into the residential apartments but get lovely morning sun....
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert F

Dear Robert F,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you might return. That’s the biggest compliment we can get! I will share your feedback with my entire team and look forward to your next visit!
WestCord fashion Hotel