“Great food and good price”
Review of Koh-i-Noor

Koh-i-Noor
Reserve with
Koh-i-Noor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #115 of 4,046 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$20 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Free wi-fi in both retsuarants . 1. Westermarkt 29.1016 Dj. Amsterdam.2. Rokin 18. 1012 Kr amsterdam.
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I had lamb biryani which came with salad and soup. It was really delicious and the portion was good. The rice pudding was amazing and Indian tea with milk was awesome. The Nan was fresh and delicious.The Indian music and polite staffs make a nice relaxing ambiance.
For the price I paid, 25, it was great and I should mention that the left over was more than enough for my second meal.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Had high expectations considering earlier comments on this place. Unfortunately, neither I or my company found the food here anything to get excited about. We ordered 4 vegetarian dishes that were pretty much tasteless. Maybe it's because I'm of Indian origin that I can't be lured by some haphazardly put together dish called "authentic Indian food". But I've definitely had better restaurant-prepared Indian food elsewhere, and my company of European origin agrees. Luckily there was some pickled chutney around to save the day! However, I can't say anything about the meat dishes as I haven't tried them. The only positive experience was the friendly service. Spent the last 10-15 minutes or so having a great chat with the owner.

3  Thank Fatimah F
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

You wouldn't guess if you were just looking from outside, but here you'll find excellent indian food, one of the best we ever had ! Everything was delicious ! We were four (one of us a 11-year-old kid), we had two meals + samossas and massala lamb chops. There was plenty of food for everyone ! We also ordered drinks (lassis and a laaarge Fisherking beer), cheese naans, and chai, and only paid 85?.
The waiters were adorable, we would definitely recommand this place. We could cross all France and Belgium to go back to this lovely restaurant !

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I have traveled to many places in Western Europe and enjoyed a plethora of restaurants and we both agreed Koh-I-Noor is one of our favorites. We enjoyed our experience and meal so much the first night we decided to go back again the next night. The service was superb, over the top friendly and accommodating. When the owner discovered it was our second visit, he refilled our wine glasses for free, however the gratuitous wine was not what astounded us ( although very nice) it was the fact that the restaurant was full with more people coming in and he was actually encouraging us to linger longer...a first. Regarding the recommended reservations, we went before 8:00 each night a there were ample tables available. Just go!

1  Thank Journies42
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Our hotel in Amsterdam recommended this place and now I know why. We were very happy with our dinner at Koh-i-noor. The dishes were a little bit spicy (our fault, we should ahve ordered a mild dish) but the waiter offered multiple times to change it for us and also provided us with other dishes. The great service and the fantastic food deserves more than 5 points :)