“MEAT EATING HEAVEN”

Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Having been to Gauchos in London many times, I knew what to expect - we ordered a ribeye medium and a filet rare -both cooked to absolute perfection with one chunky chips and one french fries ( no complaints). But it is the steaks that are the star of the show -so succulent -so juicy and so tasty. Nice bottle of Malbec to accompany the great steaks. Service was fine & in the end I had to admit to the server that I thought the steaks better than in London. A nice place to go after a hard walking day doing the Museums.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I’ve been to Amsterdam numerous times and have sampled all kinds of food and restaurants in that amazing city – but never a steakhouse-style place. Until now. And boy, did Gauchos deliver the goods! Probably the tastiest, most succulent steaks my partner and I have ever eaten, accompanied by Hoegaarden beer (for him) and house red (for me). An outstanding main course, cooked medium-rare exactly to order; for me, quite an eye-opener. We left after an unhurried evening, very contented.

Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

We had seen lots of Argentinian restaurants around Amsterdam which prompted our craving for steaks. Our guidebook reminded us of Gauchos (we go to the one in London so we know we'd get a great steak here).

Our waitress showed us the steaks that they have to offer and explained the differences. She was very chatty and friendly. Our steaks arrived and each one done to perfection. The chimichurri sauce was delicious and we also ordered the pepper sauce which had a nice heat to it. We also had the French fries with garlic & parsley sauce/dressing which was tasty but not enough (that was the only criticism).

The kitchen was understaffed and the restaurant managers had to step in to help but they still produced great food.

We had the 3 chocolate dessert and strawberry with chocolate sauce, icecream & whipped cream which my niece was very disappointed it only had 2 small strawberries (we felt this was very mean portion).

Altogether we enjoyed our meal and was looked after well by the staff.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Went in here on the off chance and was really suprprised! Had avoided this restuarant on acciount of the touting for trade as this puts me off. However, humble pie eaten! It was so much better than expected. The steak was divine and cooked to prefection and a joy to be able to have a baked potato as opposed to chips!. Service friendly,unhurried and attentive in an unobtrusive way. There are hunrdeds of steak houses in the city and this is one that is worthy of a visit!

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Been to this resturant twice, both times the service and food was very good, next time i will book a table further ino the resturant as i always seem to be close to the door probably becasue i never book. Plan on going again this year as i will be traveling on holiday with the family.