Boutique Hotel View
US$264
US$199
Room Mate Hotels
  • Restaurant
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$255
Agoda.com
US$320
US$289
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$79
US$365
US$238
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$83
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$156
  • Bar/Lounge
1,000 results
All reviewscanal viewview roomsmall double roomsmall canalsteep stairsleidseplein squareno lifttop floorsmall hotelfirst floorlocation was perfectquiet streetbooked this hotelbeautiful citybeds were comfortablebars and restaurantswalked everywhere
Reviewed 8 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We flew from Inverness direct to Amsterdam for a business meeting in Antwerp and stayed in the Boutique View Hotel on our way back. What a treat! it was easy to book online, the website looked inviting and,crucially, it was easy to "look & book" directly through their own website - well done the owners! Check-in was easy, the receptionist friendly and knowledgeable; we had booked a "small double with canal view but the room was roomy and spacious and the bed extremely comfortable. A good shower for me and a bath for madame was perfect. We slept well - it was quiet - and at breakfast we met the engaging owner Natalie who was great fun and really helpful in giving us tips for shoe shopping! All in all this is the best hotel i have stayed in in Amsterdam - the sort of place you look for and, once found, you wouldn't choose to go anywhere else. Well done Natalie and the Boutique View Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had a mixed experience at this place. It started with us making a reservation and pre-paying our room through Booking.com. We booked a small double with a canal view. One week after making the reservation, I called the hotel and asked if we could change to a room with two twin beds with a canal view. I was asked if I minded being on the third floor (no elevator) and I said we didn’t mind. The hotel confirmed that this change could be made.
We arrived around 6pm the day of check-in. I was told that there was no record of the phone conversation I had regarding changing the room. We expressed this was disappointing, but fine. Then we were told that the room we paid for in advance, the room with a canal view, had accidentally been given to another guest. And, since we were the last to check in, only the smallest room in the hotel, without a canal view, was remaining and that is where we would need to stay. We politely asked how this could have happened and were told there wasn’t an answer, but sometimes guests ask for their rooms to be changed and in this case, the hotel shouldn’t have changed it, but for some reason the person on duty at the time changed the other guest’s room to our room.
The room we received was the worst room we stayed in during our 15 day vacation. It was just large enough for the bed. The head of the bed and the left side of the bed were against walls, the foot of the bed and the right side of the bed had, literally, 1.5 feet of walking space around them. Literally. And, this was the only walking space in the entire room with the exception of the area of the room where the door swung open to get into the room. We had to walk on the bed to get around each other! And, we had to pile our suitcases vertically on top of each other because there was no room to put them. The bathroom was essentially a closet with one of those shower heads without an enclosed shower. Hence, the whole bathroom gets wet when you shower. The wall next to the bed was so hot that I needed to put a pillow next to it so that I didn’t accidentally lean up against it while I was sleeping. I’m guessing the hot water pipes must go through that wall. This room is the only room on the ground floor and it is right next to reception so we were up all night with people coming in and out of the hotel.
Now, the good. The hotel bent over backwards to rectify their mistake. They gave us free breakfast both days of our stay. And, on the second day, they moved us to the best room in the entire hotel. This room was easily 5x the size our room the first night. It had a full bathroom and beautiful views. They moved our suitcases to the new room so we wouldn’t need to do it ourselves. We thought the customer service was excellent, as well as their effort to “make it right,” and we told them so. All of the staff was exceedingly friendly. In addition, the breakfast was delicious. The sweet woman who makes the breakfast could probably own her own restaurant. We wish we spoke Dutch because she was lovely and it would have been nice to converse with her. We couldn’t give our order in Dutch, but she came up with a delicious breakfast via our sign language and we loved what she whipped up for us.
Here’s the bottom line: Yes, mistakes happen. And, when they do happen, one would hope that there would be excellent customer service to rectify the error. That’s exactly what the hotel did and we were very impressed. However, that doesn’t negate the fact that was a big error. The hotel should be organized enough to know which guests have reserved which rooms, especially when the room has been pre-paid.
The other thing to remember is this is a TWO STAR BOUTIQUE hotel. It gets good reviews, for a two star boutique hotel. If you come here expecting the Marriott, you’ll be disappointed.
Would I say here again? Well, the first room we stayed in was a 1 star room. I most definitely would not stay in that room again. The second room we stayed in was a 3.5 star room. Yes, I would stay in that room again. How about the two star mid-range room I booked? I have no idea, since I never actually stayed in it. If I come back to Amsterdam, I would stay here again if I booked the best room, and double/triple confirmed the room prior to arriving. In addition, I would make an effort to check in early, just in case…
I almost didn’t write a review of this hotel because they did do a great job of rectifying the error. In the end, I decided to write a review because I think it’s important that anyone considering staying here know that this place is not the most organized and it’s something to be aware of. In addition, had I not stayed a second night, I probably would have written a 1 star review because I don’t know how they could have made it up to us other than refunding our money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

+ very good located
+ super friendly owner
+ nice view

- room 003 feels like sleeping in the kitchen, you hear everything and every Single guest, impossible to sleep
- standard room is very very small

All overall it was ok, but as I said make sure that you dont get the room 003. There you have never ending noise.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Located just minutes from one of the major squares in Amsterdam and facing a canal T junction, it really is a very central spot. Perfect as a base if all you want to do is to be able to wander about the city. It's on four floors with the top three all having four letting rooms. They are numbered 201-4, 301-4 etc. Rooms 201, 301 & 401 are doubles but to say that fitting in the reasonably sized double bed, the wardrobe and the bathroom was a work of art is to overstate their size. They are very tight! The other rooms are fine and the two facing the canal are great.
The stairs are steep, it's a converted old Amsterdam house and they are not for those with gammy legs. There is unfortunately no room for a lift, I suspect it's only that omission that limits the hotel to 2 stars, but the staff always take and collect cases to and from the room without being asked.
The people owning and running the hotel are delightful in every way and it's true to say they go the extra mile for their guests. The breakfast is all one could ask for both in variety and quantity. Freshly made coffee and tea is unending if that's your thing. Nothing is limited so far as quantity is concerned and the quality is first rate.
Two very minor niggles; although shower gel and hair shampoo/ conditioner is supplied in good quantities, there is no small bar of soap. One must use shower gel to wash your hands after using the facilities. Why? Also, there was no plug in the basin; that's a student hostel sort of omission and has no place in this otherwise faultless establishment.
Would we return. You bet.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends