“Nice hotel with friendly staff”

Boutique Hotel View
Ranked #96 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We enjoyed the night in Amsterdam very much. Booked a small double room and were very satisfied with it. The staff was more than friendly, Nathalie took up my big rucksack to the 3rd floor (no lift) and gave me some medicine against my cold... THANK YOU so much! We appreciated the location of the hotel and the cleanness. We would recommend it to everyone for a city trip to Amsterdam!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The room was small (normal for Europe), but the bathroom was decently sized. It was in a good location and was quiet at night. My only complaint is that there was no air conditioning. We used the fan the entire time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The hotel was ok, and location was really good. But we found it very noise with cleaning from early morning. Also, we lived on the 3rd floor without lift and take to carry our luggage, it was steep and hot, really unconfortable. The rooms were really hot, no air conditionning and small windows. The equipment of the room, and especially the bathroom was really average. I do not really understand how this hotel got this rating.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I just visiting Amsterdam for the first time in June, 2014. It was a delightful experience enhanced by my stay at the Boutique Hotel View. I was traveling alone but every time I entered the hotel I felt like I was coming home! Natalie and her staff were SO helpful and I even got to test one of Natalie's gourmet pancakes. Breakfast at the hotel was such a treat. If I ever get the opportunity to return to Amsterdam I know I'll have a 'home' at the Boutique Hotel View!

Room Tip: I had a room with a wonderful view of a canal. There was even a blue heron who came each morning fo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2014

i stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in early june 2014, i was very impressed. the hotel is lovely, well appointed with every thing we needed, close to all the places we wanted to visit, on the edge of the canal with good views, excellent price, great hosts.
i didnt expect to be looked after as well, with the hotel being 2 star, but it proved to be the making of our trip. a good hotel with friendly staff and proprietor made the difference between an average trip and a really good one. natalie the owner cooked our breakfast each day with a smile and good conversation helping us plan our day with good local knowledge. the hotel was clean and a good mix of modern furnishings and character features. we had a deluxe room overlooking the canal, great views. eric the night porter was also helpful and great when questioned on local events/museums and trips out. overall i reccomend this hotel and its location and wont stay anywhere else when i next visit amsterdam.

Room Tip: deluxe room is spacious and ours had a canal view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank maffmunkey
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great location and very friendly helpful staff. Close to everything but looking out on quiet canal. Some rooms are small and stairs are steep - no lift- so book a larger room for a longer stay. Nathalie great source of local information and kindly located us in a first floor room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Margaret S
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This place is so cute. The host Nathalie and her family are so welcoming you feel as though you are coming home.

The room was large and spotless, even available early.

I just loved that breakfast, which was made to order each day. Fresh eggs, done however you like and pancakes cooked on the spot. Yummy fresh fruit, cereals and breads. It's like have a home-cooked breakfast made for you.

Nathalie's mum is chief barista and makes a mean coffee. There is a huge variety of teas.

I loved the two cats and the singing dog. She sings along to music and hit's hilarious!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family