“Lovely cafe in lovely square”
Review of Caffe Esprit

Caffe Esprit
Ranked #71 of 110 Coffee & Tea in Amsterdam
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Description: Caffe Esprit is located in the historic heart of Amsterdam. This unique venue is characterised by its central location and its panoramic views over the whole of the Spui. Caffe Esprit is visited by a very varied public: shoppers, business people and students have long known where to find Caffe Esprit. Caffe Esprit has long been known for its extensive menu of delicious club sandwiches, pastas, burgers and salads. The splendid home-made carrot cake and cheesecake have for years attracted a large clientele. In the summer months, the sun-drenched terrace is a delightful spot for enjoying our spendid lunches, a good glass of wine and a small glass of refreshing cold beer with finger food.
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I visited this cafe on the square beside the American book shop and perused my purchases over a lovely supper.
The outside seating was very popular but I took a seat inside and enjoyed the music.
I was not in a hurry so I found the service friendly and un intrusive.
Nice vibe at night.good example of cafe bar that is so lacking in Ireland.

There are newer reviews for Caffe Esprit

Reviewed 19 March 2014

It was fun sitting outside, but the coffee was stingy by Amsterdam standards, the carrot cake was rich, but mediocre and I've never had so much trouble paying for food. The waiters looked the other way when I tried to get their attention. Even my usually sure-fire trick of pretending to try to leave without paying did not work. I was tempted to follow through with it, but finally was able to pay.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Sunday morning, I ordered Royal Breakfast. Apparently the waitress misunderstood and brought a cheaper breakfast with extras. When the bill came she charged me the breakfast which she brought, charging the extras! I actually did not get what I ordered, didn't want to cause an inconvenience by sending it back and was charged for it extra!
Otherwise location was nice, large windows which made it very sunny. Food was ok. Waitress was clumsy and spilled the drinks, which would normally not bother me.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Food was good but we had to wait for a while. Ok it was very busy and it was raining outside...but still they must be use to the rush! Maybe i am to hard on them...

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Ate breakfast here today. Coffee machine not working so couldn't have coffee with breakfast. I asked for the vegetarian scrambled eggs without the pesto (so eggs, mozzarella, tomatoes, spinach) she brought the 'classic scrambled eggs' which had ham and bacon. Waitress tried to insist that is what I ordered which was ridiculous given her attitude when I asked for 'without the pesto'. No offer of refund or new meal. The price of one tea was reduced from the bill. Give this place a miss