“Sticky toffee pie heaven”
Review of Eetcafe Vlaming - CLOSED

Eetcafe Vlaming
Price range: US$29 - US$53
Cuisines: Diner, Dutch, International, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Eetcafe Vlaming is closed but you can find us at Restaurant Vlaming
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We were lucky to get a "walk in" experience in this lovely contemporary Dutch restaurant on Pricesgracht. A very nice buzzy atmosphere, good friendly service, superb food and simply sublime desert. The sticky toffee pie is a must! One of Amsterdam's little gems,

Reviewed 5 May 2014

There are two Vlaming restaurants in different places, so make sure you know which one you've booked. This one is by a canal in the Jordaan and has very attentive and friendly staff. The food was really good, especially the steak, but make sure you order a side dish because the mains basically come on their own otherwise. A portion of homemade fried is enough for two though!

Make sure you book in advance because even on a Sunday night people were being turned away.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We booked a table for 11 but eventually the group became 6.
On arrival we were greeted by the "host" who was so polite and helpful. We were given English menus to read and eventually settled on the platter of small tasters of all the starters, it was exceptional and hard to pick a favourite.
For my main course I had a steak of exceptional quality cooked to my "still moo'ing" preference to perfection. the meat was stunning and melted in my mouth! We were bought a selection of vegetables to share all of which were beautifully cooked (some of the best chips I have ever eaten) the desert was a lemon and mint sorbet with lemoncello a desert of heavenly flavours!
Every member of staff was smiling friendly and helpful, it had a great atmosphere too! Just remember its a small restaurant withg all that that involves so you wont get a huge menu but wow what they do is stunning!
I have reviewed over 200 restaurants and been to two Michelin 3* restaurants as well as numerous 2*'s this compares wiell with them for food quality and betters most for service and attention

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I don't remember how I found this restaurant but I had made reservations before we went on vacation, this is a must ! This restaurant is small with a five ? person staff, they were super efficient and friendly. The food was delicious and I loved the location. At first I thought the line was coming out the door but I realized it was the pancake restaurant next door. You could easily walk by this place as it is one of those kind of basement spots. The servers managed to help us celebrate a birthday which was a surprise to all of our party but even better there was a party of 20 diners who sang a hearty rendition of "happy birthday" as the sparkler and toffee dessert came out!! Great!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Friendly, helpful staff, amazing Dutch style food, really cute and homey setting. The smoked fish was amazing.

1  Thank striebee