“My experience”

Broodje Bert
Ranked #34 of 3,767 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch, Cafe, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, View, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“My experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife and I visted last week.

The café is located directly adjacent the beautiful Singel canel.

The interior of the café is limited with demand for the few external tables is high. Nevertheless, my wife and I managed to secure a table for lunch after a small wait.

We ordered a smoked salmon and egg mayonnaise open sandwich salad. The smoked salmon was very good but the rest of our meals were, considering the quality of reviews secured by this establishment, disappointingly average particularly when compared to the quality of sandwiches offered by other providers.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank HonestMan999

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Wroclaw, Poland
“Our best meal in Amsterdam!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife and I went to Broodje Bert beginning of February, during our stay in Amsterdam.
We decided to try this place as it had lots of rave reviews on Tripadvisor and was very well located in the city centre, so that it was easy to pop out during our visits.

At our arrival, we felt a bit weird as the place is really, really small with only a few bar stools and the kitchen in the same room as the restaurant! Due to their success I guess, the place was very crowded (mostly locals) and it took us 20mins of waiting to get a seat there. But the food was absolutely amazing! The staff delivers in only a few mins a very high-quality snack with a great presentation and this at a very cheap price! As an example, my wife got a big, awesome salmon sandwich at 4.50 euros only! After we finished our dishes, since it was so good and cheap, we decided to have a third sandwich together... equally great.

We loved this place very much. Though there is a bit of waiting to do, the food is absolutely worth it. We'd definitely come back there at our next visit.

Visited February 2014
Southern California
“3rd time and still great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I had gone here twice on a previous trip to Amsterdam. When we couldn't get breakfast at another spot we decided to check here. As usual, it was not over crowded and we got a table outside on the Singel canal, right away. The food is simple and ample and fresh. Just what I needed to feel energized after dealing with jet lag. Filling, super well priced, everyone was very pleased.

• Visited June 2014
Milwaukee
“Great breakfast on the Singel Canal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Excellent breakfast at reasonable prices with a view of the Singel Canal. We loved the swisse omelet--gruyere cheese, mushrooms--that comes with salad and fresh bread, jam and butter on request. Fresh orange juice. Cappucino. A great start to the day. Seating inside is limited, but outdoor cafe style seating is available.

• Visited June 2014
Walt Disney World, Florida
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I had the roast beef with the old cheese & this was by far the best sandwich shop that I tried in amsterdam,fresh bread & veggies,small family owned business,they fix & serve you fast if your in a hurry or if you just are hungry & looking to sit & eat,it's all made right in front of you & I would highly recommend you try it.