“Great service, average food”
Review of Kop van Jut

Kop van Jut
Reserve with
Kop van Jut is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #422 of 4,307 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$11 - US$22
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Description: It is a real gem, friendly service with good food and great value for money. Worth checking out during a visit to Amsterdam. Easy to locate, jump tram, 1.2.5 to LEIDSEPLEIN were you will find this restaurant on LEIDSEKRUISTRAAT. This area is teeming with pub's, bar's and restaurant's so get's very busy indeed. Opening hour's are; Monday to Sunday, 5pm till last guest out.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Went to Kop de Jut based on the rewiews on Tripadvisor. There was plenty of room a Sunday out off season, and the service was very helpful ( and talkative ), but the food was disappointing.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This sweet little restaurant was easy to book, easy to find, and absolutely glorious. The food was exceptional, probably the best steak (in mushroom and onion sauce) I have ever had! The wine was good, the staff were friendly. I wish we'd gone earlier in our stay so we could have gone twice! Highly recommend it.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Ooooo my god, what a great little place. We used Tripadvisor offline city guide and found this OUTSTANDIND restaurant. We had the special which we're spareribs, with salad and French fries for 15 euro. And what a bargin. Wooooow what a greeeeat spareribs, the best I have ever had. I'm travelling 70 days a year and eating out a lot, and trust me this is Great.
I wonder why people are not waiting in line all day for this dish. It should not be the special, it MUST be on the menu 7 days a week and 365 days a year. The people demands this.
The skilled chef was Dan (the man) and I will highly recommend this spareribs.
They have their own beer, but a little to bitter to my taste.
If your not going you are missing out. The restaurant next door served pizza, and I felt sorry for those guests.
Thanks and hope to re-visit soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

With so many lovely places in Amsterdam, there is really no reason to go to the Kop van Jut.

We had a high tea arrangement and it was awful. It was nothing like the photo in the groupon advertisement, which showed homemade pies.

Instead, what they gave us was a tray full of dry, processed, store bought items. The only nice thing on the tray was a mini-cheese croquette.

Even the tea was nothing special.

Service was also poor and un-attentive.

Upon arrival, we saw an empty table outside. One of the members of our party was in a wheelchair so we asked if we could sit outside rather than having to climb the steep set of stairs.

The man working there tried discouraging us by saying he had to take out the garbage and that it was going to be placed right next to our table.

I asked if he could wait and do this after we were finished, and he hesitated.

Eventually, when I pushed harder and explained why we wanted to sit there, he agreed, but it seemed like something that could have been handled much more smoothly.

Why have a table outside if you don't want your guests to sit there? Very strange.

All in all, it would have been nice if the waitress came to our table a few times to check if we needed anything.

I ended up going inside to pay the bill because if we would've waited, we probably would've been there all afternoon.

My reco: AVOID.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stumbled upon this place while walking around Amsterdam, just past the shopping district. The interior is narrow and crowded, but warm and inviting, with a distinctive local flavor. The staff is friendly, the food good,the atmosphere delightful. If you want a real flavor of Amsterdam in the heart of 'tourista land', this is a place to go. Enjoy the patio if the weather is pleasant, but definitely take a peek inside!